Thread: cd rom problem

Question cd rom problem

my cdrom is not working properly
    it runs all R & RW cd's burned on mine or other pc's but its not running any original software cd which have autorun prog's
    like its not opening mine norton 04 cd and adobe cd which both r original but its opening same when i made a copy on my frens computer
    wt could b problem
    i have samsung RW rom
    & nero software

also it shows message when org cd is inserted that "drive isn't accessible"
    wt could b the problem?
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]

What does it do with an original MUSIC CD?

Have you run a CD cleaning disk in it?

If you cancel out the autorun error message can you see the CD in explorer?

Have you tried an absolutely NEW autorun CD like a cover CD from a computer magazine?

Cheers

wow never heard of this that it opens CD-Rs but not originals...weird
    well i dont think it has anything to do with nero cause its a writing software not a reading one
    so maybe you should try getting a new driver for the cd-rom...the latest one of course and see if that fixes it...also try putting in the cd and then restart...my computer doesnt show CD-Rs sometimes until i restart....so try that
    peace

Old Fart
    Sounds like a plot from the RIAA run amuck to me.....

Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i thing u should clean ur cd-rom with cleaning cd...... agree with nihil...

peace

Do you mean the Autorun (ie Insert Notification) isn't working.. Or the computer you cant read the contents of those CD's?

If the latter.. then In device manager (hardware tab in system properties..you didn't mention OS here that Helps Bloody heaps).. Select the CD-ROM drive right click and select uninstall.. OK out of the show and restart.. And then report back..

BUT if your problem is to do with the former (Autorun/Insert notification) Do the above anyhow.. and report back..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

no it doesn't show any contents in my computer or explorer
    i haven't run any cleanup cd till now
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]

This is very strange?

1. Is this a new CD drive or an old one?
    2. Did it ever work properly on that computer?
    3. What are its specifications? (like 16x10x40x)
    4. Have you been to the Samsung site and got the latest drivers?

Und3ertak3r has suggested that you uninstall the device in your Device Manager, then re-boot and let Windows rediscover it............I am guessing that he is looking for a corrupt or incorrect driver. Please do as he suggests.

The first thing that strikes me is that the original CDs are older, and may have some surface scratches, which make them harder to read? That is why I have suggested the cleaning disk.

I have encountered media speed problems, where a 4x rewriter could not "see" 4x-12x media, but will work fine with older 1x-4x CDs, but I don't think that is the problem, as the originals should run on a very low specification.

I am sorry to have to say this, but if reinstalling the device and its drivers, and cleaning it don't work, it sounds as if it is about to fail?

Good luck