Security Related IRC Servers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security Related IRC Servers?

Developer Extraordinar
    because they don't want to pay for the extra bandwidth to run something that they can't advertise on. In other words, it would be providing a free service that they coudln't make any money off of.
    Bandwidth? I run it from a local ISP, and I'm still cruising around with no slow downs, and I have 20+ users on my server most of the time. Waste their precious dual-T1 bandwidth... my ass.

Originally posted here by PuReExcTacy
    [B]I hate when companies behave in that manner. You should be able to do something for your users for free. If it weren't for the users, this place wouldn't get the advertising dollars it does.
    Yeah, me too, but us users, Me, Shrekkie, Redgore, uraloony, even er0k and Stormhawk (He has a huge as name here that I can't spell... like Rewanthal :O) have made out own, and users have migrated where they see fit. Besides if it were a big corp. they'd probably be pumping us with ad bots every five minutes.

Peace

MB
    Come to UnError.com

Antionline Herpetologist
    Stormhawk = Rewandythal

BTW, er0k's server is irc.bytekill.net .

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Banned
    Maybe it's because they know that any irc-channel turns out into the biggest soap-opera ever in no time

I don't see anything wrong with the way things are know: people simply go to the server they want to go to, be it unerror, digital-conceptions, bytekill, pureescape,...

If JUPM would start running an irc-server, people would still complain: "I don't want to go to no irc-server that is run by a big corporation...".
    If JUPM would start an irc-server, the people that frequent the other channels wouldn't switch to the new channel. It would hardly attract any new users since those who want to chat on irc, already are chatting on irc. If JUPM starts a new irc-channel, JUPM is responsible for whatever goes on in there. It would take less than two weeks before someone tries to take the server down, and then what would happen is what has happened in the past: "we'd" try to get even.

Just leave things like they are... no worries, no headaches, everybody happy.

Re: Security Related IRC Servers?

Originally posted here by Norrisk
    What security related IRC servers do you guys frequent? I'd like to get to know some of the people around here. Thanks.
    I go to the Blackcode IRC server. They have lectures about 1x month on different security related issues.

Mirrors
    irc.reativ.com
    irc.blackcode.com
    irc.litewired.com
    irc.warindustries.com

#blackcode

info
    http://bcnet.litewired.com/
    http://www.blackcode.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Lots of nice people w/lots of good info

Regards
    -Breeze
    \"If ignorance is bliss, why isn\'t the world happier?\"
    -Mark Twain

~<Phorce.co.uk>~

Ninja Code Monkey
    yeah, leave things as they are. I don't want to share my irc with Neg, he smells like cheese.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

irc.2600.net

After I posted that, I found this: http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/1203

Sorry.
    [gloworange]DISLEX[/gloworange]