Thread: Nasty IE spyware - LSP.DLL

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Nasty IE spyware - LSP.DLL

Lately a drove of end users have called to complain that IE wont work on their machines but any other browser will. After closely examining these machines, I have identified the issue as lsp.dll, bundled with Imesh, ShopAtHome and other shady internet software.

I sent in the findings to the SpyBot folks and as of today they have a signature that will catch and remove this problem.

For more info on the actual nasty that causes IE not to be able to resolve hosts, see:

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/s/sahagent.asp

Anyway, just in case others get a large line of angry end users...

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Thats good but my spybot crashed efter I cleaned HDs, hehe // I must just reinstall it // hehe

And IE is using "reset settigs" function

I dont like adware progs // thx for good news //

// too far away outside of limit

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    Man, what would we do if we didn't have you looking out for us?
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.