Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modem calling?

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    <Lord Viczerez> Yeah dial up, its part of being a poor American! lol
    <nihil> Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
    I'll try different numbers but I think my ISP will be like "What the f___k is he doing?" and knock down my door!!! But for the experiment It must go on! -jk I wish I could mess it up were they would give me free internet for life.<nihil > I'm going to Europe this summer, so I could try. But yeah I think the prices would be high! Yeah the start up page was messed up and it showed that I wasn't online but I was because I was searching AO!

I just tryed it again. It worked the same way. Called.Pushed twelve.Changed sound. Got online.page messed up!... I pushed eight after the twelve and it made another sound but wouldn't work again! No other numbers seem to work! I think this is weird, but it shows how bored I truely am!

[Why r u using a dial up modem anyway, my God that must be horrible.]

It is so horrible (for me) I need a 12 pack before I can even stand to consider surfing from home.

lol Wish I had a 12 pack but I'm underage! Damn these laws!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    was playing around one day and called my ISP's number that I connect to, to get online. Can this be a security risk? If so, how? How can I find my modem number?
    Is this a security risk? Hell no it's not a security risk there's no risk whats so ever. You say How does he know this? I know this cause I work for one of the largest ISP's in the United States of America. Did you hear a fax sound? LOL

How can I find my modem number
    What are you talking about modem number? You give the people at your Internet service provider your home phone number we run it through our computer systems, based on your city, state, we give you the correct telephone number to connect to the ISP. If you say can I have the DNS number's aswell they will be able to give you those if you need them. If you need any type of numbers contact your ISP so you dont inquire any long distance toll charges. <---

Computernerd22 hit it pretty much on the head.

By the way, and FYI...the "modem noises" that you are referring to are called the "handshake". Meaning that one system is meeting another and 'learning' how to connect with each other...hence, 'handshake'

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor