Thread: Maximum performance question

Maximum performance question

Hi AO. I have a question regarding performance for games. First off i think it would be best to list my system specifications before i ask the question.
    Shuttle ak38n ---- via kt333 chipset---- only () 256mb ram
    video adapter----- nVidia 5200 ultra
    built in sound, lan on the mobo

emmm.... i guess that rather covers all the important aspects of my box i built.

alright, now for the question! When i play a game such as halo pc for example, and i start a multi-player game with the game map as blood gulch.... and i get into a vehichle and start driving around, i start getting all of these screen artifacts on the monitor.( like hundreds of little white boxes all over the screen) I believe i have it set on 800X600, with the details turned down a little. i have also noticed this when i play max payne 2 for quite awhile i start getting artifacts on the screen as well. Therefore i was wondering if anyone could perhaps give me some advice on how to keep this from happening.

I'd appreciate it very much.... Thank you
    Fasheezy

Have you tried updating your Video Card driver, and checked to see if theres any new patches for halo?
    =

AO French Antique News Whore
    I suggest checking your video card temp. It may after a while of running hard get too hot..
    -Simon \"SDK\"

alright. i havent checked it yet, but if it is the temp getting high, can i just install another case fan blowing on the adapter or what?

Might try adding a heat sink to the chipset on the Video card if it doesn't allready have one.

You could also get a fan that fits in a PCI slot to blow air on the Video Card.
    =

alright i updated everything like cheynne suggested, but the problem still remains, so through process of elimination guess what??? it must be the heat! So ive been looking into a fan that goes into the pci slot. I really appreciate everyone who suggested something, thank you very much.
    Fasheezy