Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My homepage is being stolen from me.

if the CWshredder doesn't work, try HijackThis, found on the same site..

http://www.merijn.org/downloads.html
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Regal Making Handler
    Eonfire, the people here no what they are talking about. Next time you ask for advice, take it my friend. But then analize that advice and where it leads and learn.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Hi there, i'm back again. Thaks Jinxy i'll remember to take the advice next time, which could be this time because now i have NLS files in my computer in C:/windows/system that i can't delete because i get access denied:source file may be in use.

I can't delete them and there are loads of image files that just appeared called CP_1250 and CP_857 etc etc. I think there's 32 of them and it's pretty worrying because a) i'm paranoid anyway, and b) they just appeared there one day so i dunno if it's part of an automatic update or i've been hacked.

Not raising the "Oh i've been hacked!" alarm bells or anything, just seeking any advice on the matter.

Are you using an older version of a netscape browser? These files are needed by some of the older versinions, 3.0 and below.
    Chinise language translations also use the same type of files.
    All in all, I don't think you have to be worried about them being on your computer. I would be more interested in what you are useing that created the files in the first place.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Oh, cool thanks for that. I'm pretty sure i'm using internet explorer 6.0. Where's the best place in my registry to start learning stuff about it? Controls and then settings? Just wondering because it would be interesting to find out how some of you people started out learning about your OS. I'm using WindowsMe at the moment and all i'm doing is just looking around and opening different things up. Not really sure what most of it is though. I read a thread about hacking here that said that the best thing to do is to look for flaws in your OS and then start 'tweaking' it so it's more secure, but i'm really not sure how to go about it.

(sorry i realize this is going off topic now.)