Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logon Scripts

bad post sori guys

so far slick8790 has come up the best answer. but slick8790 it does not work mate.

Just Another Geek
    Please note: Putting passwords in scripts is a bad idea.

But if you must:

net use y: \\server\share password /user:username
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I don't understand... If you look at the Syntax of Net use with a command prompt doing net use /? , I'll give you the exact syntax if you want to map network drive with a login and password.

Net use [devinename | * ] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]] [/User:[Domainename\username]

All you have in your batch file is to ask the username and password and store them in a variable that you'll pass in the net use command.. Good Luck
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Thank you SirDice that has done the trick,

Nice one guys

sorry Misterxtreme I should have looked at the original poste a bit more closely. I started answering you just as I was comming to the end of a 24hr server update so I Probably wasnt at my best. I totally zapped the workgroup part. Anyway you have the solution so alls well that ends well.
    I would still say that a password in clear text is not a good idea. unless the computers are not connected to the internet, in a small room behind a locked door protected by security cameras,dogs, men in black suits with machine guns inside a leadlined steel safe with 12 inch thick walls burried 50 FT underground in a concrete bunker lost in a dark jungle on a small island ......... and even then .... I think I should sleep now

anyway cheers
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Question Looking for answers

As I have shown in my (1) previous post (another thread/forum) I am new to networking. I was wondering if anyone here could give me some info on how the BAT files work. I can make BAT files quite well already, and would like to know, how the netuse command maps the drive for the entire session. Does the BAT file run everytime someone logs on, or does it run at Windows startup?
    ***Another subject-ish***
    My school uses BAT logons, and such, and I was wondering how they can tell which BAT file to load. If you logon as a student, it runs student.bat, if you log on as a teacher, it runs techer.bat, administrator uses admin.bat. How can it tell? I believe they use Win2003 Server, which I have never personally used, so I don't know aobut the options with in the OS. All of the machines on the network connect via Windows Logon with Win2k or WinXP.

Thanx

***EDIT***

I have a WinME (*BARF*) machine here. If I edit Autoexec.bat to open a BAT file I make, is there any way to determine who has logged on? I have a harddrive here that I wan't available to myself, only. So, therefore, if anyone logs on, I don't want them to see the drive.
    Exactly what would I have to pu t in said BAT file?
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

I am not goin to tell you how to hack user ristrictions on your schools computers, but i will tell you how the computer knows which script to run.

There are two ways of doing it.

1) By placing the correct script in the startup folder of the users account ( Can be different for each user).

2) with win2K3 server there will be the corrisponding script for each user placed in the logon script option (Found on the server its self) this will load the script when the user logs on.

if you run CMD or net and type NET you get a list of options.
    net use is the command that you want to use so at the prompt type > NET USE ? or using command NET USE /? you should be given a number options or variations to complete tasks:

NET USE
    [devicename | *] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]]
    [/USER:[domainname\]username]
    [/USER:[dotted domain name\]username]
    [/USER:[username@dotted domain name]
    [/SMARTCARD]
    [/SAVECRED]
    [[/DELETE] | [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]]

NET USE {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME

NET USE [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]

IF you don't know the password but you would like to recover the password anyway try Xintruder works great for up to 8 letter passwords. NBTScanner is fun also lists drives that are mountable via NET USE the command if you don't know the names or IPaddresses of but know the Domain IPrange's you end up with a big list of shares, NBTStat helps locate shares usable School networker.

Or if it is a Novel network - server that you wish to use try pandora also works great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't me my IP must have been Spoofed Ocifer!