Thread: need a def

Talking need a def

can any one clarify me abt mutuation engine and decryption engine in virus which are sperading and executing the virus

i need whether they are software or hardware.waiting

dd

Just Another Geek
    Your post is pretty hard to read. But i'm guessing you mean polymorphic virusses. That's all software
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by SirDice
    Your post is pretty hard to read. But i'm guessing you mean polymorphic virusses. That's all software
    True... but, it does need "hardware" to run....
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

i m sorry to ask dddur, but do you know the difference between hardware and software??
    just wondering..
    coz if you know, you can easily understand whether it is a software or hardware...
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

LMFAO..

before wandering off into the wild world of computer virii, I'd recommend doing a beginners course on English..

perhaps then you could find what you need here http://www.ebcvg.com/category.php?cat=6&p=4
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I think what you are trying to ask, (in a roundabout way), is what is the difference between a polymorphic virus and one that encrypts itself.

As I understand it a polymorphic virus changes it's appearance permanently on each iteration and therefore will never look the same twice. Ones that encrypt themselves for transport and "hiding" are only altered until they decrypt. Once decrypted they look the same as the original iteration.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

hai guys

thanks for all u r replies

i think i had given the question in the wrong manner

i want to know whether the decryption engine is a hardware or software

bcase in a seminar they told it is a hardware but till now i am thinking it is a software

so only this question

waiting

dd

software of course, but keep in mind it's your computer doing what the software tells it to do.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Just Another Geek
    It all depends on the application, there are hardware encryption boxes.
    Virusses never use 'm though as most people don't have hardware encryption boxes.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.