Thread: Change User Name

Change User Name

I'd like to be able to change my user name once or twice...being able to do so would make life a lot nicer and easier for me, and I'd honestly like to have a different name. Unfortunately, I don't want to start a new account again. I've gained a certain amount of respect and APs under this name, and I don't want to give them up/start over. If people were given the option to take up a new name once or twice, and take all of their APs/posts with them, I think it'd be great.

It'd also get rid of the enemy syndrome. If they continued to be a problem, they'd get more negative APs and be banned, but if the personality changed as well as their name, they'd get some nice greenies.

::Hopes he'll get to change over to Black Mage...Crosses fingers::

Anyway, its just my two cents.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

If you've gained a "certain amount of respect and APs under" your current name, then wouldn't changing it just serve to do the same thing making a new account would, which is wipe the slate clean and start all over, besides the fact that you'd have your APs held with you? Truthfully, I don't think there is any point in the name-change thing, and I can pretty much tell you they're not going to do it, but I may be proved wrong.

To me, this suggestion has no real use or point in it. But, alas, good luck mate.

I agree. Its not a huge, big, deal....but it'd be nice so I thought I'd ask.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Banned
    I dont think they'll do it either, and i agree with Jehnx. No really important reaosn to do it. It's just a username.I mean come on, some poeple have stupid names but still are remembered by them. MemorY is not the coolest username ever, but i got used to it and im using it on every forum, sign-up site i visit.

SonOfGalen I think that they talked about this before [ it was close enough to your suggestion / question ] and it does sound like a good idea. But the only problem is that everyone ended up having differences of opinion. In the end the suggestion was in my opinion dropped into the abyss of great ideas and forgotten.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Banned
    I want to change my name to Penis.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    LOL,
    Penis that's the funniest thing I have read tonight

Banned
    Ennis = Penis hahahhaahhahhaha, i just came from work and i really, really needed that. man ...still laughing.

AO Part Timer
    I actually asked sometime ago to get a name change. All I wanted was

dopeydadwarf = DopeyDaDwarf

simple caps change. I was told I could delete my account, and start over.

Being able to do so could cause some interesting problems.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark