Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We keep getting hacked into......

We keep getting hacked into......

We keep getting hacked into. We have a Sonicwall firewall, 4 servers(2 public, 2 private;all static IPs), & dozens of user machines. The same server has been hacked into each time. At first it was a public server hosting a website. After some a few changes we ended up moving the website to a diff server and made the hacked server a private server. within the last few days, the server was hacked again. I ran a trend micro virus scan and found 12 instances of sluter.b. I think thats how the hacker got back in but im not sure. does anyone have any idea what i can do to prevent this in the future? or if sluter.b is even how he got back in? the hacker also created a whole bunch of folders, one inside of the other, and i cant delete them. I get an error message. The root folder he created has no name at all. please help me. ty.

Maybe he has created a user name and logon for himself check user logins etc

Why do people always refer to hackers in the male tense hmmm
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

It may very well be sluter.b since it acts as a RAT. Check your firewall logs and look for anything suspicious. Did you remove sluter.b after the first attack or no, because if you didnt thats how he got in the second time probably. There always a chance a person thats working for/with you may also be doing this, and to add on to omen's post, check user logins becuase he may of created or compromised one. Is there anything in the folders he made, first thing that comes to my mind is hes using it as a warez server.

its a bad habit of mine to refer to anyone of unknown sex as a him. I just checked the users list and there are just the users we created. he/she may have figured out a password....

there is nothing in the folders. we are going to change all of the passwords just for good measure. The folders he made act pretty weird. If i try to navigate through them with a regular window, not windows explorer, the window crashes once i get to a certain folder. i dont have this problem with windows explorer. The names of the folders are prety odd as well. Here is the entire path that was created: C:\DataBackups\ \ \ \lpt3\~\com5\ScanneD \com7\by \com8\fisherman\com2\TaGGeD \com3\by \lpt1\TaGGeD_for_TC\com6\ \with Pappel-MaxPuB-TaGGeR \com3\uPPed \com7\BY \aux\fisherman . The blank spots are folders with no names. pretty weird eh?

i just found 2 folders with no names that i cannot open, it says access is denied. Im logged in as the admin. if i try to rename the folders it says Cannot rename file: Cannot read from the source file or disk. any ideas on how i can break into these folders?

how do you make folders with no names? I just tried using a series of spaces and it didnt work.

Wow, pretty interesting, make sure folder settings set to display hidden files because it might show some files in the folders and its always nice to know what they're up to.

i can see hidden files, but there are none right here. i cant believe that i cannot get into these folders. i tried to delete the parent folder and i got an error message saying that one of the no named folders cannot be deleted because it is not empty. trying from command line is useless because the folders dont have names....I'm stuck!

This may be of some help to you:

How to Remove Files with Reserved Names in Windows

Good luck.
    DjM