Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening ports

Opening ports

Can I open some port(every port that I want, for example 27546 or something else) on my machine and then get remote access to it trough this port?If yes, how?And can somebody hack to a computer trough this method?
    Thanks.

There are many methods to do this sort of thing. SSH, Telnet, Remote Desktop Tools....What OS are you running?
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Elite Hacker
    with netcat you can give yourself a remote command prompt in windows on any port that is not already in use.
    just use:
    nc -l -p 23 -t -e cmd.exe
    where 23 can be any port
    That was taken straight from the readme that came with it. You can get it from:
    http://www.atstake.com/research/tool...ork_utilities/

edit
    please don't do this, unless maybe you're in a network behind a router to only give you access from within the network, cause anyone portscanning that sees that port open, will get a command prompt without any password needed when they connect. but netcat is a good way to open ports. Also, it's pretty easy to do in java. Here is a link for some good beginner client/server progs in java:
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javan...pter/ch11.html

Also...any computer that you open up a port for remote access makes you vulnerable. Don't want to be vulnerable because of that? Don't do it. Better yet, unplug it from the 'net.

If you do it, make sure you use strong encryption with whatever method you use.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Originally posted here by h3r3tic
    with netcat you can give yourself a remote command prompt in windows on any port that is not already in use.
    just use:
    nc -l -p 23 -t -e cmd.exe
    where 23 can be any port
    That was taken straight from the readme that came with it. You can get it from:
    http://www.atstake.com/research/tool...ork_utilities/

edit
    please don't do this, unless maybe you're in a network behind a router to only give you access from within the network, cause anyone portscanning that sees that port open, will get a command prompt without any password needed when they connect. but netcat is a good way to open ports. Also, it's pretty easy to do in java. Here is a link for some good beginner client/server progs in java:
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javan...pter/ch11.html
    SO, theorethically, if I go to a inernet cafe, use on some computer netcat, open port 28973 for example, go home, use netcat to get remote access on the computer trough the opened port and its IP adress, I nedd no password and authorization(password etc) to get inside?(i dont want to do it, iam only interested in that).

That would depend on how incompetent they were?

1. They should have a router & firewall that would block you.
    2. They probably have a dynamic IP address for each connection
    3. You should not be allowed to run netcat or install any software of your own.
    4. They should be able to trace you and get your IP to ban you.
    5. They should also have software that screams blue murder if there is a port open that shouldn't be.

And a world of friendly advice..............just because there may not be any legislation.........does not mean that their isn't any law...........it just does not use courts

Be careful!

ne0gen wrote:
    SO, theorethically, if I go to a inernet cafe, use on some computer netcat, open port 28973 for example, go home, use netcat to get remote access on the computer trough the opened port and its IP adress, I nedd no password and authorization(password etc) to get inside?(i dont want to do it, iam only interested in that).
    thats naughty.

p.s. even if you did hack it, what do you want from a internet cafe? except for maybe bounce attacks.

That would depend on how incompetent they were?

1. They should have a router & firewall that would block you.
    2. They probably have a dynamic IP address for each connection
    3. You should not be allowed to run netcat or install any software of your own.
    4. They should be able to trace you and get your IP to ban you.
    5. They should also have software that screams blue murder if there is a port open that shouldn't be.

And a world of friendly advice..............just because there may not be any legislation.........does not mean that their isn't any law...........it just does not use courts

Be careful!

Nihil,

I'm in the process of opening a netcafe in boston. Any idea how to take care of those issues you mentioned? Such as decent firewalls, and how to block users from installing software which would affect system files and such.

I can talk to you about this later cybrid, but first off if your running XP pro, I would use the group policy editor.

start--run--gpedit.msc

Scroll through the administratrive templates and find the options that you need.
    =

Originally posted here by Modderfokker
    ne0gen wrote:

thats naughty.

p.s. even if you did hack it, what do you want from a internet cafe? except for maybe bounce attacks.

well, some less than computer savvy people could use their credit cards for online shoppping. you use the remote access install a keylogger, aand boom, you have someone's CC, plus who knows what else.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller