Thread: A member in great troubles

A member in great troubles

Ok, I am the member "KissCool". I have been obliged to create this emergency account because my real one cannot send neither posts nor PMs and because I have mailed help@antionline.com two times since the issue appeared (one month ago) without any response.

The following behaviours are happening systematically, with every browser I tried:
    - In the front page, I have the traditional "You have new message(s) since your last visit.
    You have unread messages and total messages in all your folders. " but without any number in it.
    - I cannot access to my Private Messages folders. I obtain a message saying: "You have recently registered at AntiOnline but not yet activated your account. You can find the link to activate your account in your welcome-email. "
    As I have been registered for nearly two years now, you will admit it is very strange.
    - I cannot send any text!! I can neither reply nor create any thread. Buttons and fields to post have simply disappeared.
    the unique purpose of this account is to send an help message. Please do not pm it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    mnstrgrl, when you read this here is the profile in question: http://www.antionline.com/member.php...o&userid=79487

Kisscool, I've sent a note to intmon and to mnstrgrl to look into this. I don't know if they are around this weekend but hopefully they'll be able to help by Monday at the latest.

Have you tried deleting all the cookies your browser has or trying another browser?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    Have you changed the e-mail adress in your profile recently? I know i changed mine once and i had all the same problems, and then i noticed that i had a new e-mail in my mail account giving me the link to activate my account again because i changed my e-mail address. When you cnahge your e-mail address here at AO, you'll get a new activation link, they have to know that the new e-mail you provided is valid.

KissCool -- your account is listed in 'users awaiting email confirmation', which makes it seem to me also as if you've recently changed your email address. It looks like this dates from Dec28 or Dec30. Let me know if that's the case. Once I know that I can better troubleshoot this problem.

thanks
    - h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Well, I understand now. I have changed my email adress in my profile during this period. Details are complicated, but in short, my new adress was linked to my old one which had been deleted at the end of the year.
    I relinked my adress to a new account, but I think the activation mail had been lost during the operation.
    the unique purpose of this account is to send an help message. Please do not pm it.

I re-sent your activation email. Let me know if that doesn't solve your problem.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Ok. I can now retrieve my good old AO.
    Thanks everybody.

I think that my "KissCool32" account can be deleted.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--