Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hack attack on my computer?

Hack attack on my computer?

When I open my browser( I am running win 98 me), as homepage is set http://81.211.105.9/index.php?v=3
    I cant change it, can it be some hacker atttack or trojan? What shall I do if yes?

sigh....already been discussed many many times. Most likely your browser is hijacked by a spyware or trojan. Run spybot S&D, theCleaner, and hijackthis. Let us know if that goes away. Post a screenshot of your runnig processes. Also, make sure you change your startup page in your internet properties.

Sounds like you may have downloaded/run some malware or other hijacking software. Head over to www.lavasoftusa.com, download Ad-Aware and see if it comes up with anything. It's free, and a good start.

Otherwise, check your patches for Win98 and Internet Explorer. You may not have patched a vulnerability that allows some websites to change your homepage..

l00p

you mean to say it keeps on changing back to this link. yep i agree with Cybr1d there might be a spyware or trojan. i suggest you do the following

1. Update you AntiVirus Software and Scan Your Comp
    2. Download (if you haven't got any) spyware Cleaning Software Like Ad-Aware
    3. Try CWShredder :http://www.securemost.com/articles/t...earchspace.htm( coz when same happened to me and both of the above faild this worked)

try this there are tons of Spyware removing tools there

http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3.htm

restore your computer to a point before this happened.

install and run spybot search and destroy to get rid of all the crap you've collected and prevent you from getting more.

update your virus signitures and do a system scan

get ALL the upgrades and hot fixes from the ms update site

give this site a real good look threw and see what the bad guys are doing. learn to protect yourself. your ignorance is only bliss to those who are using you
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    sigh....already been discussed many many times. Most likely your browser is hijacked by a spyware or trojan. Run spybot S&D, theCleaner, and hijackthis. Let us know if that goes away. Post a screenshot of your runnig processes. Also, make sure you change your startup page in your internet properties.
    It works! I used spybot and it is all back in normal. Thank you very much. I think the mistake was in some progrma named MySearch. Thanks.

NO, Ten times ive tried it and it works and now it is all back and the site isnt changeable!!!WHAT SHALL I DO IF EVEN SPYBOT CANT REPAIR IT?!!!!

the site that the spyware/trojan is redirecting you is not opening.
    try Ad-Aware and CWShredder hope it helps

It is very strange. I am downloading merjin, but when Ive searched it trough google and clicked to the link, it showed me the same thing like the homepage. And some time ago i cant change my homepage from google to that, what I wanted. So, cant the IP named upper be some "thing" from Google? And can Google hijack my homepage?

So, finally it is working. I hope. Thanks for all.