Thread: Hacking For Dummies?!?

Talking Hacking For Dummies?!?

I was recently on the dummies.com website, and I was surprised to see that one of there future titles is Hacking For Dummies. I had never thought of the For Dummies series as being a prominent influence on security, but I'm interested in what this future title will be like...

well, i got the book and i have to say, it is pretty interesting...
    there are some things in it with which a scriptkiddie would have enough info to attack a computer...
    but it is just for dummies, so no advanced info is given ( like in most books about hacking)..

can anyone suggest such good book??
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Originally posted here by riya_here
    can anyone suggest such good book??
    Hey Riya...what r you looking to learn about? Maybe I can help.

hacking exposed:
    http://www.hackingexposed.com

"the art of deception"-kevin d. mitnick
    isbn:0-7645-4280-X

those are the two i like very much...

Banned
    Come on lepricaun, Kevin Mitnick is nothing but a two bit con, a media whore, and not to mention a skiddie fool at best. This is a man who sells lies... then he goes on telling peaple how they can do the same or how to "hack" when you are standing right next to the mother ****ing computers you plan on attacking.

Come on lepricaun, Kevin Mitnick is nothing but a two bit con, a media whore, and not to mention a skiddie fool at best. This is a man who sells lies... then he goes on telling peaple how they can do the same or how to "hack" when you are standing right next to the mother ****ing computers you plan on attacking.
    that is so, but if you're running security-policies in a company, it is a good book, since you can learn to watch out for these type of people, who, with smooth talking, can get anything they want.

that is why i like the book, not because kevin mitnick wrote it...
    although i like the film that is made about him : "takedown".

Kevin Mitnick, just got lucky a few times, but like a true "skiddie" he got caught, and shared a cell with Bubba for how many years, so it's obvious that he ain't as good as the media has made him out to be.
    He's never been imployed as a Sys Admin like he claims, he HAS helped sys admin's with little things on rare occasions, but other then that he's just a "skiddie" and always will be one.

cheers
    .:front2back:.

I lost my disk to act 6.0, I have one of my codes can I get som help please.

Thanks Ian