Thread: User Profiles

User Profiles

If I look into

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced - > User Profile -> Settings

I can see the profiles stored on my PC. There are three profile

1. Administrator
    2. My Account
    3. Unknown Account

Can anyone let me know what is this unknown account since I did not create this account but I can see this account modified in today's date.

Thanks

I am using NT systems for several years and never saw or created any unknown account.
    I suggest that you delete that one.. especialy if it is with admin priviledges...
    you should consider visiting Windows Update, check your box for troyans and to install some personal firewall... Zone alarm is easyest to use...
    you can find it many ways, but easiest is to go to www.download.com and search for it.. It could be on their top 10 list too...
    Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Unknow account are old account that logged in the system at least once on your computer but that you deleted after. Unknow Account are safe to delete.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Unknow account are old account that logged in the system at least once on your computer but that you deleted after. Unknow Account are safe to delete.
    You deleted it, so now its safe to delete? Hello?

Its a SID that no longer maps to a user account name. Happpens sometimes from upgrading or reinstalling or otherwise mucking arounnd with your SAM or NTFS. Should be safe to delete as posted.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

AO French Antique News Whore
    ok ok! Monday Morning! Give me a chance!

Unknow account are old account that logged in the system at least once on your computer but that you deleted after . Unknow Account PROFILE are safe to delete.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Thanks a lot for your quick response. This is the best forum I have ever visited and now I shall not hesitate to put more queries as i'm very much encouraged by the response of the members. Best wishes to all of you.

Hi

There are one more question. What is the difference between the local profile and the roaming profile.

Local profile is profile placed on local computer...
    If you log with same username/password on another computer, changes made on first computer are not replicated...
    Roaming profile is on server on network, so when you log on computer, roaming profile is loaded... then, no matter what computer you are loged on, you have same profile, and changes are automaticaly replicated...
    Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    roaming profile also used if you are using laptop, it puts up settings for home and office.
    and Re: accounts, if you are not sure whether to delete or not, remember "SID's" then change the permissions to something less than admin, beware of the 'deny all' as this could impact on other folders.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone