Thread: Viewing Active Programs in Memory..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Viewing Active Programs in Memory..

I'm doing a little research on Anonymizer Privacy Analyzer. And in an interesting twist,when I attempt to visit AO it says "Document contains No Data". What's interesting is when I set it at it's lowest setting, I still get this. So I'm curious as to what the program might be doing so I can figure out if it's deliberate or not and if perhaps there is some other activity going on that I'm not sure about (by Anonymizer and/or AO).

Anyone know of such a program?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

you mean something like this for windoze
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml
    http://www.georgedillon.com/web/freeware/prcview.shtml

or am I on the wrong track?

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Err.. not quite. It's almost like a memory debugger on the fly. I know in *nix I can see what a program does but in Windows I don't know what the equivalent is. I did find something interesting that maybe even simple tcpdump might give me some clues as to what is going on. I think I may have solved the little puzzle.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

i d very much like to see what you find. so if you would be so kind...unless of course your saving it for your book
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I will do a seperate Article here specifically about what I find. I still need to get some more info. I was looking at Anonymizer as a way of dealing with malicious traffic that employees inadvertently get (adware, spyware, etc.) for larger corporations as an article for EnterpriseIT.

i had a problem just like that about a month or 2 ago. i had downloaded norton personal firewall 2003 off imesh and i installed it and it started giving me the "page contains no data" message on every site i went to and i couldnt check my email or anything. finally i just reinstalled it and it worked. im still curious about what was going wrong though so, ill keep an eye out for that article

re: MsMittens

Have you looked into PestPatrol as a safeguard against spyware/adware/trojans etc. on the desktop in a distributed, corporate environment?