Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting past admin rights?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Sorry MsM, you mentioned 'body part pix' I was thinking of the Damien Hurst, artist (allegedly) and about the book, I read Hacking W2K Exposed, quite a good depth of explanation, and, as the title implies, it is more focused on the one O/S.
    I for one am always a little sceptical when the thread starts with the line, " is there anyway round -----------------------" as it suggests that the writer has either:-
    1 ) not checked out the site philosophy, and or the archives.
    2 ) Is possibly looking to increase their knowledge at the expense of others, without the footwork that this info requires ?
    my 0.02p worth ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I for one am always a little sceptical when the thread starts with the line, " is there anyway round -----------------------" as it suggests that the writer has either:-
    1 ) not checked out the site philosophy, and or the archives.
    2 ) Is possibly looking to increase their knowledge at the expense of others, without the footwork that this info requires ?
    Oh certainly. That's the risk. But if we answered every thread we thought this was the case, this whole forum would be saying "Visit Google" in big, broad letters. Too many people these days seem afraid to do research, don't know how to do research (a more common answer/reason I think -- education doesn't show people how to utilize search engines well) and/or don't want to show "naivete".

Add to that the question of whether someone is using this information for something other than "legitimate" purposes can cause severe headaches in circular logic. A person can present themselves as an Admin attempting to prevent users from getting in (when in fact he's the bad guy wanting to break the admin's workstation/server) or present themselves as a bad guy trying to break in (when in fact it's a white hat admin trying to figure out how a bad guy would do it). I have to have some faith in users here to have ethics. I can't and won't be held responsible for someone's choices. And that is what it boils down to.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

yea thats pretty much what im trying to do is just learn. I will be starting school again soon and im changing to an IT school for networking mainly for cisco certs and thats why im tyring to learn as much as I can from experts , the book is a good start thanks again...

Banned
    yea thats pretty much what im trying to do is just learn. I will be starting school again soon and im changing to an IT school for networking mainly for cisco certs and thats why im tyring to learn as much as I can from experts , the book is a good start thanks again...
    You could have just stated that originally. Also, you do not have to learn by trying it a box that you are not allowed to try it on, that is why they have a class to teach you . Go to class to learn, not attempting to change minute, pissant kinds of things such as the background. Besides, you can just do the following. Find a picture you like on the internet, right-click on it, and select 'Make Background,' or something like that. There is a quick, simple bypass.

-Cheers-

wow right clicking never thought of that.......... and another thing if people didnt come in here and ask questions then you might as well not call this the newbie security area and call it expert security forums. People learn by asking. I didnt ask how to hack hotmail, so if people would quit responding with answers that imply that I've never turn on computer before! it will be appreciated....end of line