Thread: Chaintech ZENITH 7NJS Ultra RAM Problem

Chaintech ZENITH 7NJS Ultra RAM Problem

Hey guys, I just installed a new motherboard inty my box at home, but when I boot it up I get weird stuff happening, at first it would just freeze at detecting the CPU (Athlon 1600+), then after I flashed the CMOS it got past that but now it freezes while running the memmory checks. I checked my BIOS and the last normal hex code I can see is 2C, I checked the manual and it doesn't exist. Occasionally the system gives wrong amounts of RAM (ie 142MB instead of 256), when it does show 256MB in the POST it freezes and i get small horizontal white lines all over my screen until i reboot. Could this be my RAM (unbuffered, but mobo requires buffered) or does it sound like something else?

Thanks in advace! --begki
    PHP Code:
    function kill($name) {

session_unregister($name);
        die();

Yeah, sounds like a ram problem.

My suggestion would be to buy the buffered the ram. lol

Kinda common sense if you ask me. If your motherboard said it needed Buffered then why didn't you but it? lol
    =

I used the RAM that came with my old motherboard (K7D Master), after I realized that it was fried i put some other RAM I had into the 7NJS. WEll, I guess I'll have to buy the buffered RAM after all.
    Thanks!
    PHP Code:
    function kill($name) {

session_unregister($name);
        die();