Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline IP locator

here...................

thanks guys!!! I browsed the ripe ftp, but I obviously missed that file.... :-) Thanks again!!

The AO IP locator is pretty poor - it can't even track me to the correct country...
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    PWaring: Turn off your proxy.... silly
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    PWaring: Turn off your proxy.... silly
    I don't use a proxy server - and the only one I have ever used in the past has been on my local network and therefore in the same geographical location. My ISP is based in the UK as well, as most other IP locators can assertain. The AO one is past its sell by date.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

hi again, I'm pretty much stuck I'm afraid.

I'm nearly there,

SELECT top 50 IL.Logtime, IL.ClientHost,
    ( SELECT top 1 I.Owner
    FROM [InternetAddresses].[dbo].[IPranges] I
    WHERE (IL.ClientHost BETWEEN i.IPstart AND i.IPend)
    )
    as Owner FROM inetlog IL

inetlog is the log directly from IIS, IPranges is the output from the RIPE db.

Unfortunately, all ip's must be in the format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for SQL between-statement to work. I'm using ASP.Net, but even running some sort of perl script outside SQL would just kill my server I guess. So comparing must be done in SQL. (SQL Server 2000/P3-1133/512MB)

Also, there are situations where some overlapp, for instance:

A: 111.22.33.44-111.24.255.255
    B: 111.23.11.11-111.23.222.222

or something like this, yielding two (or more) valid answers if you use the 'between' operator. The smallest intervall of these would be correct, so I can test for that later I guess.

Another problem is that RIPE doesn't seem to have all the ip-ranges??? I stilll get quite a lot of NULL's, so it seems I'm missing some adresses.....

Hmmm, can any of ya'll get the IP Locator page to come up?
    Mine isn't working.

Where on AntiOnline is the link to the IP Locator? Maybe I have a wrong link?
    I remember the link to it used to under "Tools & Toys" on the right top side. Now I don't see it. Where is it on the front page? lol!

Looks similar to Xtraceroute Graphics.Also it gave me a town i never heard of when i tested my ip.Though it did get the right state. lol

i tried to find the location of an IP through AO IP locator it gave the result in Milton,Australia but when i used it through NeoTrace Express it showed the location of the IP as Delhi
    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

We took the link to the "tools and toys" section out of the site navigation some time ago because we realized that some of the apps listed there were buggy. Since we're not publicizing those links at the moment, I don't believe those apps (including the IP locator) are going to be fixed in the near future.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.