Thread: Some really wierd stuff.

Unhappy Some really wierd stuff.

Hey
    There has been some really wierd things happening on my computer . Once and a while i hear this extremly loud sound like a hard rock lol song but it only happens for about a second.
    its really loud and i dont kno wat i could possibly be. so i ran Spybot S&D, that didnt help. Then i ran both mCcafee and Norton antivirus systems. and still nothing came up as a virus.
    then i thought i could be a trojan but that would have come up on the virus scan systems(norton and mcafee). and info on wat this is and wat i do to stop it would be extremly helpfull.
    I am running a windows XP home edition.

Banned
    What Internet Service provider are you running.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you have speaker connected to your computer it's highly likely that they are picking up Police, EMS or CB as it passes your house and you are hearing it through your speakers.

It works because the length of the wire between the speakers and the computer is "tuned" to the frequency or 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th harmonic of the frequency itself. So it picks up transmissions all the time..... Under "normal" circumstances your PC transmitting to the speakers overcomes that but when the output of the transmitter is sufficient and close enough it simply "blows out" the PC and you hear what is going on..... I live near a busy traffic light and can sometimes hear one side of a complete conversation the police/ems are having.....

That is all oversimplified.... But it describes your problem perfectly.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

i am running comcast HSI

Banned
    Do you use AIM ?

It cant be a pickup from a police ect thing becuase its the same thing all the time the same exact sound

Banned
    I was thikin if you use AIM, maybe the Sounds are set that they play the sound other members have set-up. So when somebody signs on it plays his/her sound and it might be that sound you are hearing.

thats a great idea becuase every time that happens someone is signing on

i cant beleive i missed that

i do use aim so that is probably it but how you set a sound for when you sign on like if i want a sound for when i sign on how do i do that.

Banned
    Click on My AIM -> Edit Options->Edit Preferences, on the side menu Click Buddy List (if not selected already) and you'll see a button named "Sounds" click on it and you'll see what you can do with the sounds.