Thread: Help

Question Help

Howdy i've come across a problem with my forum, when ever i try to upload an avator i come across an error.
    Just wondering if anyone knew what i should do to rectify the problem..

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/14030087254032134fb98e5.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/roott/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpVj5kzp' to './images/avatars/14030087254032134fb98e5.gif' in /home/roott/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/roott/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/roott/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/roott/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/roott/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/roott/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/roott/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Oh yeah it's a phpBB forum if that's anyhelp?

cheers
    ..::front2back::..

edited. Didn't upload file, so i've just cut 'n pasted the error message.

OK guys, let's give the guy a break huh?

Front to back.............this is in the wrong forum..............."Web development" or something is where it belongs.

If in doubt, please use "general chit-chat" I personally don't care, but you stand a better chance of getting a sensible reply if your post is in the right forum?

MODERATOR................please move, thanks

Sorry I cannot help you personally

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Moved from Newbie Security to Web Development.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/14030087254032134fb98e5.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/roott/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227
    Looks like a local permission problem. What are the perms for the /home/roott/public_html/includes directory?

You can find out, if you aren't aware, by doing ls -ld /home/roott/public_html/includes. Might also want to do ls -ld /home/roott/public_html
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Arrow Thanks

Thanks for the Suggestion MsMittens.
    And i'm VERY sorry for pointing the Thread in the wrong Forum.
    Anyhow it was the permission setting's that were making the problem, i simply fiddled with the Chmod settings until it all worked.

So once again thank you for helping solve the problem, and in the future i WILL make sure i post Threads in the RIGHT forum.
    (i guess i should of known better).

Anyhow cheers
    ..::front2back::..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's ok. When it comes to posting in forums keep this in mind: security related forums (those with the word security) usually are for topics that relate to security. Everything else goes elsewhere.

And you should be careful of the permissions you have. Keep them at the bare minimum because you don't want to open up potential security risks.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Maybe it's the fact that you are using roott instead of root as your path. Maybe I'm wrong and that's the way you have it listed, but double check.