Thread: BitTorrent, Waste, and other filesharing software

BitTorrent, Waste, and other filesharing software

Recently I have been looking for something in the file sharing category that is better than KaZaA, and I think that BitTorrent and Waste are it. I have downloaded bittorrent, But confused in how to download something using it and would appreciate the help. I have also heard of a program named Waste that is better, but I cant seem to locate it online. If you can, please help me by suggesting how to download something using BitTorrent or Waste. Thanks!

K, first you install BitTorrent. Then, you go on your web browser and search for torrent files that you want. Search for "torrent files" on google. Then you download the torrent file (like blink182.torrent). After you download the torrent file, you open it and it starts connecting/downloading.

You can get bittorrent here

AO French Antique News Whore
    Waste is a PRIVATE P2P network. You need to trade Encryption Key before.

Info here for Waste : http://sourceforge.net/projects/waste/
    -Simon \"SDK\"

first advise on bittorent****dont****
    there are so many other better p2p's
    and always use caution when d/ling anything!
    i cannot stress how slow b/t is.
    it is a total waste in my opinion....but thats me

BitTorrent is slow?

I use it to download all my linux ISOs (among other stuff)... I can download a full ISO in under an hour. It is by far the fastest means of downloading available presently. Compare it Kazaa, eMule/eDonkey or any other P2P network. The speeds are incredible and you can easily find legal things like Linux ISOs.

Peace,
    HT

i cannot stress how slow b/t is.
    It depends on your computer and the other person's computer.

"i cannot stress how slow b/t is."

bittorrent is EXCELLENT for popular newer things (right now i have a torrent going 75-120 kBs down and 20-30 kBS up) ,that is not slow... I also have donkey going right now ,which is probably keeping the torrent from going faster as i have pretty much hit max for my line.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots