Thread: Someone PLEASE HELP: (router;NIC;DHCP;IP)<-HELP

Angry Someone PLEASE HELP: (router;NIC;DHCP;IP)<-HELP

Ok,
    Here is the deal. I am about to go insane, i have been working on this for about 4 days straight now. I think this is more than enough information to explain my whole situation. Please read the Error messages very closely to understant the Problem. Thanks alot.

My setup:
    We have a T4 line comming into our house and going to a Linksys Router, which is fed to a switch then distributed over all the rooms in the house. Everyone elses works fine as far as i know. I am running a RealTek RTL8139 Family Fast ethernet NIC on my computer. But the weird thing is that i now it is RTL8139/810X and im not sure if it used to be or not. I dont think that it was. But anytime i try to reinstall the driver that is what it calls it. I am running Windows XP professional.

So up until about 4 days ago my computer would let me get on the internet just fine. I went to sleep and i got up and i could not get on the internet so i did the basic IPCONFIG Release/Renew. However i noticed that i couldn't release my IP address because it was autoconfigured to be a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx, when i should be pulling a 192.168.x.xxx as i used to be able to do. I have tried everything (uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, deleted the keys in the registry from previous installs of the drivers so that it wasnt reading from an old driver, I have tried assigning a static IP/Subnet Mask/Default Gateway/DNS, I have even tried spoofing my MAC address, I tried plugging it into another rooms line to see if it was my switch) and now today i started stumbling across some things beyond my knowledge. I was looking through the windows manager and i came across a large amount of system errors. I have looked them all up and learned about them but i have not found a way to actually fix the problem. Here are some of the errors that i pulled out.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MRxSmb
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8003
    Date: 12/3/2003
    Time: 11:00:15 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HAUK
    Description:
    The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer PHI-1IG6TSWJNFO that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{F4208202-221. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 4e 00 ......N.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 43 1f 00 c0 ....C..À
    0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Event Source: Dhcp
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 12/7/2003
    Time: 4:28:26 PM
    Description:
    Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 192.160.1.103 on the Network Card with network address 0090F50D2052.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 1002
    Date: 12/7/2003
    Time: 11:57:57 PM
    Description:
    The IP address lease 192.160.1.122 for the Network Card with network address 0090F50D2052 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.160.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Event Type: Warning
    Event ID: 1003
    Date: 12/8/2003
    Time: 2:54:30 PM
    Description:
    Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0090F50D2052. The following error occurred:
    The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Data:
    0000: c7 04 00 00 Ç...

Event ID: 1009
    Time: 2:54:30 PM
    Description:
    A network error occurred when trying to send a message. The error code is: The requested address is not valid in its context. .

Data:
    0000: 41 27 00 00 A'..

Event ID: 1006
    Time: 3:56:54 PM
    Description:
    Your computer was unable to automatically configure the IP parameters for the Network Card with the network address 0090F50D2052. The following error occurred during configuration: The DHCP client has obtained an IP address that is already in use on the network. The local interface will be disabled until the DHCP client can obtain a new address. .

Data:
    0000: 04 10 00 00 ....

Event Source: NetBT
    Event ID: 4311
    Date: 12/10/2003
    Time: 2:19:57 AM
    Description:
    Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created.

Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 58 00 ......X.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 d7 10 00 c0 ....×..À
    0010: 11 01 00 00 01 00 00 c0 .......À

Event Source: ACPI
    Event ID: 5
    Time: 11:20:57 AM
    Description:
    AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0x70), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 52 00 ......R.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 05 00 05 c0 .......À

Event Source: ACPI
    Event ID: 4
    Time: 11:20:57 AM
    Description:
    AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x71), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 52 00 ......R.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 05 c0 .......À

Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 7026
    Time: 11:23:24 AM
    Description:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    TPkd

Event ID: 1007
    Time: 7:42:39 PM
    Description:
    Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 0090F50D2052. The IP address being used is 169.254.196.179.

Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

These are the errors that i started researching and i found some things about it but no actual way to fix it. I found a couple of people talking about it and they said that i need to edit like one or mulitple of these (dhcp.conf ; dhcpd.conf ; etc/network/interfaces ; etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf). So from there i have no idea what to do. I am gettin really pissed off with this b/c it would be 100x easier to get on the internet and just look for stuff on there but i cant. I have to go back and forth between computers that have the internet and mine. I know it is not anything that is obvious. i have messed around with all the settings and i cant pull a 192.xxx IP for the life of me. Someone please help me, i am going insane!!!

-Ryan

I didn't know there was a T4 line, besides wouldn't you have to have some other telecom equipment???

that 169 address that your getting is because windows can't find a DHCP server and is assigning its own default IP.

You NIC might be bad.?

I know you mentioned setting DNS server, but did you set the DNS servers from your router?
    For instance, my router shows what IP I have and what DNS servers I'm using. Try copying those onto the router then assigning your NIC a IP manually with the default gateway as your router. and see what happens.

So your best thing to do would be to go ahead and change the IP to a static and assign the DNS servers manually from what your router says the are. Restart the computer and see what happens.
    =

Elite Hacker
    It's an epidemic: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&highlight=169
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&highlight=169

That second post seems to have gotten some info. It has to be some configurations issue or a bad card? Or maybe something else. I always wish I could be at the persons computer when problems like this come up. It would be a lot easier to help, of course that is true for almost all problems. Hope those other posts had something that helped you in there. Good luck.

Hi, Thanks alot for the replies. I will try that once i get home. That is the worst part. I am at the library studying for finals right now, so this is just about the worst time for this to happen. This is all i need cluttering up my mind. But hopefully that works w/the router DNS servers, i dont know if they are differant from what it says in the IPCONFIG/all from my friends computer next door. If it is not differant then i dont know if it will work b/c i got the DNS servers from his computer's IPCONFIG.
    h3r3tic-thanks for your relpy also, but actually i am that same person, lol. I used my friends account because he was already logged in. But thanks.
    I dont think that my NIC card is bad(that is a possibility), but it just seems like there is too much evidence of it still working just not with these changed configures. Can anyone tell me about this Master browser stopping or an election is being forced(1st error)? How does this occur? and also what does it meen when The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.
    -Ryan

As far as the first error mesage, I believe thats where your problem began.

From what I can tell, it seems like your DNS settings got screwed up. Like it said in the error message, it believes that that one computer is the DNS server which it obviously is not.

So your on a school network?

I'm not to sure about the NACK, but I believe its some type of message from the router denying you an IP.

Just login into your router then select status and see what the DNS servers are.

Hopefully, thats your problem.
    =

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Okay, when my hangover goes away, I willl try to read this.

I just wanted to make a comment that its good to see someone that actually knows how to ask a question. Not just.... my router don't work, can someone help me. Everyone should take a hint from this and make sure you provide the needed information when you want to ask a question.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

LOL, Thanks man. I just know how frusterating this is. And to not give every bit of detail that i can with a problem like this would be rediculous. So i hope i left you with enough info. Anything else you would like to know just let me know. Take your time w/the hangover, i've been there, lol. Later man.

-ps.-i was toying around with the registry FOREVER last night and i came across some information that might be relevant as far as Dhcp linkage is concerned. But i have to run now, have a final. But i will get back on later and give you the details.
    Thanks
    -Ryan

Cant add much to help you out, but i just wanted to make a comment on how stupid microsoft is: In their error message that tells you that you can not access the internet, they give you a website to go to fix it...something about that seems a little off....