dcsimg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My aunt has been hacked and..

Just a thought, but a friend of mine had a computer with a failing power-supply that kept blinking out and in pretty regularly, it could be possible that the shut downs are hardware related. In your first post you said that it would shut down whenever you connected to the internet.. Which doesn't make much sence for a hacker to do, but (i'm not really sure of this) possibly it could be caused by the drain the modem causes on the P.S.
    As for the extra user account.. Is it anyway possible that someone created an account and started some stuff up, didn't shut it down and then did a switch user leaving the operations open. I'm not sure if XP will restore other users operations after it gets shut down or not though.
    Just my 2 cents...

Raion,

It would be an idea to get hold of the free Microsoft security update CD............that will save you a lot of downloading, and can be done offline so you won't get infected whilst you are doing it

cheers

Nihil, I can't order it since, my country isn't listed on there.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Raion,

Keep checking...............first time I did the UK and Republic of Ireland weren't there.....they are now!!!

Also, you might be listed with another neighbour...........like Ireland is ordered from the same site as the UK.

Cheers

I doubt that this country will ever appear on that list because of the fact that it's a very poor country. Very few sites ship over here. But I'll see what I can do without it.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!