Thread: Port 110

Port 110

I've looked on google and Yahoo, but haven't found what port 110 acctually is or does, can any one give me a straight forward answer?
    Run, eat, swim, eat, sleep, eat, do it over!

Used for pop3 email. I've enclosed a portlist document you can keep for reference.

Thnks

T

Whoops

That last post was supposed to have more on it but i hit enter on accident. But anyways, thank you for that list, im sure it will come in handy, now, do you know of any commands that could be executed on Port 110? or give me a point in the right direction even? thank you again.

Well, a point in the right direction would be one for google.com, where you can look up "post office protocol" and the like.

u can telnet into a pop3 account...i use common commands like uidl which gives u a list of messages u have and where there from... retr followed by the number of message (found from uidl) to retrieve that message and read it... quit obviously quits.... and theres some other ones....typing help will give u a full list. also along with port 110 if u use a ssl its port 995. I dont think u can telnet to that but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

To elaborate on what was previously said. You might understand pop3 beter when viewed as a language, used between a mail client (Outlook) and a mail server (sendmail) used to retrieve, delete emails from an account. Here is where you can find information on pop3 and other mail protocols and related information:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Comp.../Related_RFCs/