Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Virus Alert: NetSky.B

ghshewan - yah, I know the admins over there were wigging out over this. I haven't heard back from them and they aren't returning calls at the moment so I can only guess they are still working on this.

I just checked our exchange servers, and even our external relays, and I still don't see many copies of this virus hitting us yet... let's hope it stays that way.

and you are also correct in that it sounds like an internal machine has been infected by this virus. If/when I get a chance to talk to those guys I'll see if their security group has been able to trace it back to "patient x" yet... I'm betting it was a salespersons laptop that got infected at home and they brought it in and plugged it in to the network.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Excellent, received my first email virus in three years today thanks to this little bugger No way have I the confidence or spare box to play with it though Best thing about it is finding out who has my email address! My mail back wasn't so much "You wanna check your system" but "What are you doing with my address?" Haha

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by gpshewan My mail back wasn't so much "You wanna check your system" but "What are you doing with my address?" Haha [/B]
    Did you just reply the offending email? If you did, you replied to a faked address.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Nope, checked the headers and it is a legit email and business. I'm a contractor you see and this is an agency I don't want or need to deal with. I can see how they could have got my email address (sort of) and that was my point...why.

i got a mail from this address mayil@tricolourfashions.com on Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:28:48 +0530 and it contains a attachment your_document.pif with the following message "See the attached file for details." and subject as "Re: Re: Document" . it contains the virus being talked about

If anybody had posted it earlier i am sorry
    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Just Another Geek
    saintakaagni: Did you even read any of the posts/advisories in this thread?

If you did, you should know this virus (and alot of others) fake the From: address.

Now be a good sport and remove that email address from your post as it is most likely somebody that isn't infected and hasn't got a clue as to why his email address got posted here.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

dude, WHY reply to a thread this old...now we have towait for it to fall off the page again...
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

dude, WHY reply to a thread this old...now we have towait for it to fall off the page again...
    well.............actually it is a sticky so it aint going to fall off the page anyways

/me returns to under his rock to await another chance to be pedantic

v_Ln