Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about AntiPoints?

Hybrid View

Confused about AntiPoints?

Antipoints are covered very well in the sit FAQ's at HERE , but I will attempt to explain some of the more confusing points.

As a brand new member, you have been given 10 anitpoints. This is represented by 1(one) green dot, just under your site status (AntiOnline Newbie). Each dark green gif represents 100 antipoints. When You get over 100 then you will have 2 green dots.

If you are negged then you will lose antipoints, and your dark green gif will fade to gray. If you gain enough negative antipoints your gif will turn red (As in 'WARNING'). Some where, at approximately 300 negative antipoints, you will be automatically banned.

You gain antipoints by the quality( or lack there of) of the posts that you make. I will not go into how to make good post, as this has been covered excedingly well by other members (use the site search feature to find these).

The multicolored bar above your nickname indicates the points that have been assigned to that paticualar post. It starts in the middle and goes positive or negative depending on what other members think of your post. The lable on this bar is 'POST ASSIGNED'.

The multicolored bar ('USER TENDS TO ASSIGN') will eventually (after you gain approx. 50 positive antipoint) move from the far negative side (the default position) to actually indicate the type of antipoints you assign to others (either negative or positive with the middle being neutral).

The value of the antipoints you can assign will vary with your own status. The more postive antipoints you have gained, means the more you will assign when you give another member either negative or postive antipoints. As a AntiOnline Newbie with less than 50 positive antipoints, the value will be zero. But your comments as to why you have assigned will be visible to the person you have assigned the antipoints to. Note: The comments actually mean more to most of us than the points, anyway.

In the third block down on the left hand side of the main page is 'Member Functions'. You check the status of your antipoints in the 'AntiPoint Center'.
    # Private Messages
    # Site Subscriptions
    # AntiPoint Center <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    This will tell you 'Your Antipoint Status', the 'Last 10 AntiPoints That You Have Received' and 'Last 10 AntiPoints That You Gave Out'.

I hope this helps those of you that might be confused about the AntiPoint system.
    Please read the FAQ's Here
    Please use this sites 'Forum Search'.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

how do create a post?

? how do i ask a question or start a post?

Gepcot,

Go to main page (click AntiOnline logo at top left), select discussion forums from Site menu box, then select appropriate forum, then use post new button.

Hint: Check out the dates on postings. If it's been over a year since the last post it's usually a good idea to not add anything further, just link to it if need be.

P.S. See Foxyloxley's post, three above yours.

P.P.S. May I extend greetings to welcome you to AntiOnline.

P.P.P.S. Mod's - would it be a good idea to mark stickies as closed after they become stickies?
    Last edited by Simple Simon; January 5th, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!

Banned
    We could close stickies, but then people would just start new threads asking about the stickies (assuming that they know how to, that is ); I believe it's better that questions about stickies are asked within the sticky thread.

Ok Negative, that makes sense.

It's refreshing to see a new user is actually reading the stickies!

Maybe not well versed in discussion forums, but showing potential for being a worthy contributor to the community!
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by nuesha View Post
    i dont get it. if 1 post we get 10 points? then if we have 100 points. we have 2 dots?

so i need 10 points to get 100 points?
    Sigh when oh when is this freaking spambot going to be shown the door and perma banned from AO island?

Well since it's on the front page, and they aren't called antipoints any more, meaning the rules about asking for antipoints and forming antipoint alliances no longer apply (cause they aint called antipoints) CAN I HAVE SOME GREENIES PLEASE?

NO RED only GREENIES. Reds really slash my online ego (Which I am very protective of) or is it my id. Get it ego, id...

OH WAIT I remember what to do

*THREAD CLOSED*
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Hah!

I can give snotdots to Dino............. but not to Hybrid................ it's a bloody conspiracy I tell you............. I just knew that Obama fella was up to no good?

Has he found the birth certificate yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Has he found the birth certificate yet?
    Chill I'm still working on it. You know how hard it is to convert a boarskin birthcertificate to an Official U.S. Birth certificate?

P.S. If anyone has an application that will remove lion blood from a Birth Certificate, please PM me.

P.S.S. I too must spread it around before giving it to HYBR|D again.

P.P.S.S I don't remember giving it to HYBR|D in the first place.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff View Post
    P.S.S. I too must spread it around before giving it to HYBR|D again.

P.P.S.S I don't remember giving it to HYBR|D in the first place.
    SSHHHH your making our Arrangement obvious. The AP allience will use the force against us.
    Last edited by HYBR|D; October 14th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.