Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: antivirus for win2003

Question antivirus for win2003

hi! i just installed windows server 2003 for web server and i am trying to choose which is the best antivirus for me.

my company's budget is a bit tight but like everyone here, i wanted to invest in security.

i know this has been posted before but things change and antivirus change too.

hope you guys can provide some info. thanks!

I think if you can pay for it then Norton Antivirus is the best. I personally like the free stuff better (AVG)

I highly recommend Kaspersky or one of the Kaspersky engined AV's such as F-secure or AVK (Extendia in the USA). Kaspersky, AVK, and F-Secure consistently rate at the top of the list in all the tests thanks to the Kaspersky engine which offers excellent unpacking capability, excellent trojan and worm detection and top tier virus protection.

I don't have the URL's for F-secure or AVK. Kaspersky is at http://www.kaspersky.com

Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate

i tried Kaspersky .. had a bit of trouble.

i installed AVG, looks ok. i will trying it for a week then buy if i dont get a problem.

and avg says its just $70. is this for real?

AVG is not very good detecting Trojans and spyware . i also use AVG free edition along with AVG i have installed Moosoft - The Cleaner and AD-Aware. their combination works well for me

[edit]

AVG is good for personal/Home use for commercial use i would still recommend Norton Antivirus

Virus stay away works well.

i will not use this primarily for spyware/trojan detection.
    i am going to use the antivirus in windows server 2003 for file server virus detection.
    this server is a webserver.
    im not even sure if those works on the background scanning for viruses.
    chuck56 mentioned some very good fileserver antivirus (and very expensive too).
    the antivirus i use highly depends upong the os i am using. i dont see many antivirus that works with windows server 2003 (for now).

AO French Antique News Whore
    We use Computer Associate eTrust Inoculate 7.0 for all our server and coorporate environnement here. I'm pretty happy about it!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

wonder if bit defender (http://www.bitdefender.com) works on 2003.
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!