Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pepsi Bottlecap Liner Labeling Information Leak Vulnerability

AO Part Timer
    I would just like to say at least most of you will be able to put this proof of concept into an actual exploit. They haven't even started stocking them here yet. We still have the caps for caps NFL contest that ended last year. Speaking of which has anybody actually gotten thier caps yet?

So go and hack a few bottles for me, and be sure to download some nirvana.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

This whole thing reminds me of the Lipton Iced Teas...

I worked at a drug store several years ago, where I was often quite bored. I had to ring people up, stock the shelves, drink coolers, you name it.

I really liked Lipton iced tea...

Well, they started having those 1 in 6 deals where 1 in 6 bottles had a "free drink" under the cap. You could tilt them to the right angle and see if it won or lost. So, since I stocked the shelves all the time. I'd just look at the bottles and put the winners in the far back of the cooler. I paid for one drink and I won everytime! My coworkers thought I was the "luckiest guy" for winning everytime... Well... I drank lipton iced tea for about a month straight for $.99. Then I got tired of it cause I drank so much of it.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Antionline Herpetologist
    Ummm.... shouldn't this really be in Tech Humour or something?

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, it's a real flaw. It's not a joke. You can tilt the bottle and see what the results are (winner or loser).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I used to do this years ago during the giveaways. I always won, (it was on Josta bottles) no longer do it to thirsty to care.

Believe it or not, Vending machines have been among the first "machines" to be exploited and hacked into . The best way to hack into one today is to bring a baseball bat and break the thing appart.
    I hacked into a vending machine. It was a 20oz coke machine. At the end it was still a 20oz coke machine just without a front!!!!

Adiz

Have you exploited a pepsi? I think www.haxxxor.com has to come up with a guide to hacking the Pepsi bottles....

Back in the day, you used to be able to just put your hand up the bottom of the soda machine and grab one...

My grandfather still has this old Coke bottle vending machine. (when they had glass coke bottles). The holder rotated to the right after you put your dime in and pressed the lever. Well... I had really small hands when I was young.. and I could get my hands in there and get the cokes out without putting money in.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Well this vending machine definately needs some re-evaluation in design (see pic). Unless it is supposed to steal your money... Maybe if someone went and exploited it, some tied up resources could be freed?