Thread: Suspecious Connections

Suspecious Connections

in my netstat command i found two connectins with both local and foreign address as localhost, can any body tell me what these connections are.

Have you tried a netstat -a -o -n to get a little more information?? This will give you the PID which may help you determine what is causing these connections.

I just did a quick little netstat and i got the same thing but with different numbers for example..

i got
    TCP Sarah:1025 0.0.0.0:0
    TCP Sarah:137 0.0.0.0:0
    TCP Sarah:138 0.0.0.0:0
    TCP Sarah:nbsession 0.0.0.0:0
    UDP Sarah:1025 *:*
    UDP Sarah:nbname *:*
    UDP Sarah:nbdatagram *:*

so if i'm not mistaken then there's nothing there that you shouldn't be paranoid about.

cheers
    ..::front2back::..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    IIRC, Ports 1025 and 1026 are both used by Task Scheduler (RPC). This Article may help you in locking down your Windows services and keeping them to a minimum.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks for that Link MsMittens very useful indeed, gonna be up all night reading now.
    So you got anymore useful Links like that or should i just go ask my best friend google?

cheers

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Google is the ultimate friend. If you look around AO there are a few tutorials/links on Locking Down Windows. Do a search for NSA+windows. Not too surprising, NSA has some guides on how to lock down Windows.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Google is the ultimate friend. If you look around AO there are a few tutorials/links on Locking Down Windows. Do a search for NSA+windows. Not too surprising, NSA has some guides on how to lock down Windows.
    Ok thanks MsMittens, i will defiantly do a google search, and search through the Tutorials area of this place.

thanks

Are you using Mozilla? 'cause mozilla has two loop connections to localhost that are consecutive ports.

thanks all and i was not being paranoid i just wanted to know why there are two connections to my computer thats all . thanks for the links MsM it would be a long read so i would be a bit busy

BTW : no i dont use Mozilla. ...

Ok thanks MsMittens, i will defiantly do a google search, and search through the Tutorials area of this place
    so am i .....

[edit]
    i just found out my G.F. has downloded Motzilla FireFox . i didn't notice that it was running at that time . those two connectins are only present when it is running. sorry about that may be i should stop drinking this much
    'cause mozilla has two loop connections to localhost that are consecutive ports.
    yep newinnash was dead right