Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD Copying Once Again an Issue

Banned
    I suggest that the whole issue is what we call "a storm in a teacup"..............professional counterfeiters use professional software and hardware?
    I have a feeling at least some of the time the professionals make the tools that everyday Joe can use. Although most of these are kept hidden to make people buy from them, but still. People need to look at things in a more of how can it be used posatively since there will always be a minority who abuses or disuses something. They are not large enough to warrant what is happening more or less to our rights. I believe many more people have profited legally from DVD-X and related programs than have been harmed. Seriously, look at the kid that "broke" the CD protection scheme the music industry used (you know, the Shift key). To each their ownm just don't **** up my life.

-Cheers-

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/home/

phishphreek80 the above link to EBuyer
    has / had DVD r-rw ide burners @ £42 approx $60
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    KeyserSoze : you are right about the law existing does not make it right. and as far as freedom goes, there was once a saying that 'freedom of speech does not give you the right to shout fire in a crowded theatre' again, it is a question of scale.
    And nihil, if you copy a DVD, just rip the movie, not all of the 'extra' tat, and it fits real nice on the one DVD. also in the States at least 'TiVo' (live TV recorder ?) took off more than here (UK) and if you replace the single 20Gig HDD with a 120Gig, then ripping a movie becomes even easier, and you haven't had to buy the movie in the first place ??
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

KeyserSoze: you make some good points. I was speaking from my personal experience and not on a broader scale.

If the consumers as a hole had enough money to influence what laws went into effect... then we probably wouldn't be sitting here talking about this... but, since big corp. writes our laws... what is there to do? "war" against big corp (boycott)? Then our economy goes to sh17 and we loose our jobs... voice our opinions? it goes in one ear and out the other. we can't afford the huge megaphone that the corps can... vote for new politicians? they're all corrupt evil bastards that already have ties to big corp and don't give a sh17 anyway... they just want to keep their "power" so they do what big corp tells them to, or they get replaced by someone that will. I don't mean to turn this into a cosmos thread... I just rattling a couple things off the top of my head.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Part Timer
    If the consumers as a hole had enough money to influence what laws went into effect... then we probably wouldn't be sitting here talking about this... but, since big corp. writes our laws... what is there to do? "war" against big corp (boycott)?
    I happen to agree phish. I am against piracy.
    But I am for having backups. I personaly have broken at least three PS2 games while partying at one time or another. So all I have to say is ClonyXXL and Alcohol 120%.