Thread: WEP Attack 2

WEP Attack 2

Continuing from my previous thread, WEP attack after 200 million guesses still has not cracked the WEP key.

So back to Airsnort, given that I need approx 1200-4000 'interesting' packets for airsnort to work, and given that the network I am auditing has very low traffic voulmes, does anyone know of a tool I can use to generate traffic to the access point in an effort to up the level of traffic its generating?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Thanks DeadAddict, I`ll see what I can do with them.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Hi Guys, I have been reading the WEP attack posts, very interesting, and I was wondering if R0n1n has had any luck in cracking the WEP on the network?

I did read the At&T labs research information on the low level of security of the 802.11 protocol and must admit was a bit shocked by this.

Need traffic? I found out (albeit unintentionally at my last job) that listening to streaming music (a-la WinAmp) was a great way to blow tons of traffic over the lines (or air, for that matter). Not sure if you're using the AP as a user, or just testing it from an outside stance, but at using this method you could at least jam to some tunes..

l00p

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Moved to new Wireless Security Forum. Going off to remind admin to put wireless forum on front page..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage