Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To the AntiOnline Administrtators and Moderators

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I am not quite sure what is going on here, but I feel that this is unexcusable for such a respected site. Although my experience with the members has been a pleasant one, I can not tell you how upsetting this was. I feel that this MUST be worked out for me and future or current users of AntiOnline.
    Welcome to AO, Niels. One of AOs "features" is that member can "rate" other members for whatever reason they want. The original purpose of the AP system was to allow members to deal with trolls, those annoying little wannabes that go around posting about how their ex-g/f is cheating on them and they want to know how to hack hotmail/yahoo/etc. Since then the AP system has grown to be a part of AO, like it or not.

But to let this one thing upset you, strikes me as a bit over the top. It's just a message. I have seen users who were at two red dots (far worse than where you are) and they are now sowing many little green dots with lots of leprecauns. So, if I may humbly suggest, read the comments in the APs, make a note of it, send a PM to those you're not sure on or want clarification on, learn from it and go forward. There is so much more to AO than the Mr. Miyagi message.

Now that said, you seem to find the message "bothering". How else would you suggest we change the message to warn people that their present direction of activities may be taking them to a banned account?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Kwiep
    I don't know if the message has changed since I had it appear on the frontpage when I logged in, but maybe it can be formulated a bit more complete and serious. Also if I were someone comming to a respected website (everyone his own opinion if AO really is that respected ) with an avarage of 500 people connected all the time, I'd be quite amzed when I got a message like the mr myagi one. Maybe requiring more negative antipoints before the message shows up would be nice, because a newbie only needs one negative hit (no musquito bite, but a "hit") and they already get a message to **** off taking up more space then all the banners together.
    The message may be "just a message" but it was put there to be taken seriously, right?
    Double Dutch

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    The message may be "just a message" but it was put there to be taken seriously, right?
    Certainly, which is why I asked if that message isn't appropriate for the situation, what kind of wording or what new message would be?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Custom User
    Erm...after reading this thread, I thought I would check out my antipoints. I went to the antipoints control panel where I saw something rather strange.

It says "total antipoints received: 10," then down a bit it says I haven't received any antipoints. It also says on the page that I haven't assigned any antipoints, and later on the page it shows me a list of antipoints and comments that I have assigned :P ??!?!?!!

Ok, now all of the above is completely beside the point...who really cares if the site is messed up? The real question that should be on everyone on antionline's mind is:

"why hasn't gothic_type been assigned any antipoints". I think on a respected site like antionline things like this just shouldn't happen. I'm gonna report you all to someone. I haven't actually figured out who that someone is yet, but since I have great conversations with myself, I might have to do. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I want an official account of why this behaviour is tolerated on "the great" antionline, and I wish to receive a formal apology from all members who have not assigned me any antipoints, good or bad (i.e. everyone). And don't say I'm just jealous that I've not got any Mr. Miyagi message and that I'm feeling left out of the "in-joke"; that's just not true. *holds hands over ears and screams* "I'm not jealous of anyone!!!!"

Anyhow...lol, that guy really got upset about antipoints. You wouldn't see me complaining about anything so petty :P

ac

[edit] Oh god, I want to neg that guy now! I just can't bring myself to do it, though. I'm too nice a person [/edit]

...sniff sniff, gothic, I am so SORRY :'(, I just thought my Antipoints were never good enough for you :'( LOL

Custom User
    Cybr1d...nothing about you is good enough for me! We're through! I'm tired of you just brushing me aside and negging other users...

Don't come running back to me for more when you realise that they just don't have what I've got...a guitar! Yeah, that's right...A GUITAR!

And now for something completely different...

ac

Banned
    It says "total antipoints received: 10," then down a bit it says I haven't received any antipoints. It also says on the page that I haven't assigned any antipoints, and later on the page it shows me a list of antipoints and comments that I have assigned :P ??!?!?!!
    When you join AO you recieve 10 positive AP's if im not mistaken, so thats where you got the AP's from. And You hvaent assigned any AP's because your assigments dont count yet. When you reac a certian level of positive AP's(50 i think) your assigment will carry value. Thats why you can see your comments but it says you have give out 0 AP's.

Custom User
    MemorY, thanks for explaining that. Makes sense.

ac

Originally posted here by neel
    .. and they already get a message to **** off taking up more space then all the banners together.
    Recent scientific research conducted at MIT has conclusivley proved this to be impossible. Nothing in the known universe is physically or virtually capable of exceeding the combined size of JupM's banners. Nothing.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    For goodness sake, get over it.

You wrote something members didn't like & you got negged - That's how things work round here.

You got enough negs to get a warning - That's how things work round here.

Moaning about it isn't going to do you many favours.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com