Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i've been hacked

Hey Hey,

You have his IP Address... Resolve it... For example.. Someone with my ISP would have an IP address similar to 65.93.84.XX and when resolved you would get Kingston-HSE-pppXXXXXX.sympatico.ca. You now know that my ISP is sympatico.ca. You would simply have to browse to sympatico.ca (or www.sympatico.ca) and look for a contact us/report abuse email address

Peace,
    HT

You mentioned that you had no files shared...but no one asked where you keep the files that you download using kazaa. If you leave them in the folder that they are downloaded to, they are automatically accessible by everyone using the program. Your firewall would not block it because with ZA you allow certain programs through, so if kazaa is getting through to download stuff, the folder that you download to is open for anyone to take files from.

-.Sy.
    ERROR: No Keyboard Detected
    Press F1 to continue....

Originally posted here by .Sy.
    You mentioned that you had no files shared...but no one asked where you keep the files that you download using kazaa. If you leave them in the folder that they are downloaded to, they are automatically accessible by everyone using the program. Your firewall would not block it because with ZA you allow certain programs through, so if kazaa is getting through to download stuff, the folder that you download to is open for anyone to take files from.

-.Sy.
    Sound theory, except that most people no longer use kazaa (I mean really who wants spyware on their system)... they all use kazaa lite which has the option of disabling sharing, even if you have files in their, no one else can get to them because you are always sharing 0 files.

peace,
    HT