Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic PS Trojan Infection

Unhappy Magic PS Trojan Infection

Hi everyone, Tammy here.
    Naive newbie

Chatting on Yahoo, met a fried (who turned out not to be such a great friend), anyhow, he sent me a file infected with a trojan virus.

The program he used is called Magic Pass, or Magic PS

Everytime I login to Messenger, it sends him a PM with my ID & password.
    It is my undertsanding that it has also dropped in a keylogger
    In addition, it has disabled regedit.
    Everytime I turn my computer on it gives me an "error code #5", a feature of Magic PS

I found the website for Magic PS,and they brag that it is undetectable by most AV's. I removed the original file, but the registry has already been changed, and of course, I can not edit it. Re-installed messenger, doesn't matter

A plea to this guy only resulted in a "format your hard drive" response.

Am I out of luck for a viable solution besides formatting my drive? Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I am fully aware of the stupidity, thought he was trustworthy.

Thanks gang, have a great day.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tammy,

Here is the information about it's function. From the same site download Pest Patrol and install it. You may need to start up in safe mode for the complete removal.

And let's not even trust your granny out there in future.....

Good luck

[edit]

Oh, two more things:-

1. Change your user ID if you can bit definitely change your password. Make it complex using uppercase, lower case letters, numbers and special characters, for example t4mmY26$ - do this _after_ you clean the infection and have scanned a second time.

2. Send him a pm pointing out that no matter how l33t he thinks he is conning people into installing trojans is utterly LAME.....

[/edit]
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Thanks for the quick reply!

On my way, and I'll let you know.

Cross your fingers

< In response to your edit, I agree, very lame, now he's a booter, and exclaims so with pride, I just don't know sometimes.

<Will definitley change the password and possibly ID after fixing this problem.

Glad you were up, couldn't sleep this was bugging me

Oh Dear,

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.htm

I think it is self explanatory.......remember to fill out the form 4017(US Secret Service) as well as the FBI one

You must know his ISP (Internet Service Provider) so if you e-mail "abuse@ his ISP" that might cause some fun............but do let the Feds and the USSS have first shot

There are NO prisoners in this game, anyone who does that is an a$$hole and needs to be taken out.

Reminds me of:

"To err is human..............
    To forgive, devine............
    NEITHER are Marine Corps policy"

The problem, IMHO, is not getting rid of the crap on your machine...............it is getting rid of the crap that put it there?

In addition, it has disabled regedit
    A deliberate damage to the functionality of your machine?............CRIMINAL OFFENCE????

Go for it

I think I love you guys

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tammy:

I think I love you guys
    Let's not get carried away..... You're talking to two of the oldest and smelliest members of these forums.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger!

What do you mean "smelliest".................you know I always take a shower when it is raining?

lol you nasty old farts....Its ok Tammy, i'm 20, handsome, sensitive, sensible, adorable, generous, sincere and honest.

the real question cybr1d is are you single and ... err... straight (just asking for the ladies folks, no offense intended) ;p~

just to be sure that I don't offend unintentionally I'll list this as hidden

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

lol , unfortunately for Tammy i'm taken and yes i'm straight.