Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evidence Tracks

Evidence Tracks

Are there any other things which collect evidence that the typical "evidence elimination" products dont pick up?Ex.dat files(i personaly began to delete the "hosts" file in the windows directory.Thx

You have posted this 3 times now. I suggest, for the sake of people not crushing your skull in, delete two of them and keep one.

People will reply if they know the answer to the question. No sooner, nor later.

If you are a pervert you WILL be caught...............all this "evidence elimination" crap might stop your wife discovering that you are into "BBW teens in dirty socks" (apologies to the member I stole that phrase from)...but it will not work against professionals.

Look at the forensics forum, in particular contributions by Groovicus

If you use MS office products............there is "metadata"...............

WE are watching you

Big Brother

?!?!?!?!?!?

so youre saying it dosent work...

Yes, I am afraid that they "don't work" insofar as the data are recoverable by someone with sufficient funding resources and motivation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States Secret Service are two that come to mind

This is not to say that such software is useless.........Some malware uses these areas to hide itself, particularly the IE temporary files. The redundant data wastes time when you are defragmenting or virus scanning. It also puts stress on old machines with low resources, such that they do not perform as well as they might. They also remove files that are targetted by spyware.

My message is that they should not be relied upon for security in the true sense. But I am talking military, defence industry, finance................not ordinary home use.

As I mentioned Groovicus did some testing, and I even pointed him to a military one.......and he was still able to recover the data............read his tutorials, they are very informative.

Cheers

The only absolute way of wiping data from a hard disk is to physically distroy the disk. In other word take a heavy sledgehammer to it and then burn it untill nothing is left but the ashes. Then scatter the ashes.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

evidence eliminater does not work at all it uses a false sence of sucurity

read this for more info http://evidence-eliminator-sucks.com/

evidence eliminater does not work at all it uses a false sence of sucurity

read this for more info http://evidence-eliminator-sucks.com/

you should downlaod tracks ereaser pro
    then downlaod system shield so that the files cant be recovered

Originally posted here by moxnix
    The only absolute way of wiping data from a hard disk is to physically distroy the disk. In other word take a heavy sledgehammer to it and then burn it untill nothing is left but the ashes. Then scatter the ashes.
    I like this option. Sounds like fun.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com