Thread: Problem Submitting Virus Sample To SARC

Problem Submitting Virus Sample To SARC

Since last week, I have been getting the same error when I want to submit a Virus or Trojan sample to SARC (Symantec). I attached the screenshot in this post. Does anyone here encounter this error before? How can I fix it?

At first I thought my Sygate firewall is causing the problem, so I set a rule to allow it, but I still getting the same error.

Sorry, forget to upload the screenshot

Well, you can contact symantec support, or give the sample to someone else and tell them to give it to SARC for you.

I actually uninstalled NAV and removed all the registries and files, and do a clean install. But the problem still there. I have too many samples to submit and I don't think my friend will help me to submit them all. One of my friend have helped me to submit one and say that he have no problem submitting to the SARC. However, I never receive any response from SARC after my friend submitted a sample with my name and email address in it.

I tried submitting through email with the sample attached, but an automatic message was sent to me saying that my email have either no attachment or is password-protected Zip file. I attempted several times through two email account and receive the same email reply.

So I just feel that something is wrong.

Most of the big AV companies are in a knowledge sharing "club" so it really doesn't matter who you submit the sample to

Try this: http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp

AVERT (McAfee), half way down on the left hand side you will see a link "submit a sample"

You might also try going to the Symantec site and try submitting through that?

As suggested, try the Norton technical support. You should at least get a response........you don't always with viruses as the processing mechanisms are somewhat automated?

Cheers