Microsoft Windows - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Microsoft Windows

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    I thought Mac people did that?
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

Developer Extraordinar
    I doubt that'll happen, ever, unless somesupremly-perfect Operating System, with no flaws, not needed updates, had the ability to ward off all viruses, was very secure right off the bat, without having to have the use-ability dropped, could not be viciously attacked, had an extremly smart AI, and was a sinch to use, came with advanced tools for advanced users, had "advanced modes" for users who like customizing, didn't hog memory, had a very fast file system, etc (I'm sure I could go on for awhile) I don't see that happening any time soon, but then there would be no need for anything else.

Peace

MB
    Come to UnError.com

I had sex with Bill Gates last night, and in return, he is going to let me in on his new super-secret ub3r Windows code. I will let you know when that happens.

Developer Extraordinar
    Did you make a tap-- err, I mean can I have the code?

On a more serious note: Who has tried the new build of Longhorn?

Peace

MB
    Come to UnError.com

I have tried Longhorn like a long time ago and was total crap. I'll wait until the final comes out for the general public to use.

alittlebiutnumb,

It takes some configuration and takes some guides to follow, but in the end it is a very amazing OS, especially Avalon the new GUI management handling that uses 3d calls.

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    It is a bit infair to say LongHorn sucks....It's not even close to release yet. That's why I am waiting untill it is released before I give it a go. Beta software should never be a basis of opinion, as it is not done, still has bugs being found, and so on.

On the other hand, if my OS I started designing came the way I wanted, then I think peopel would use it.

I should work on that more lol.

*Goes to dig up thread about my OS*

If one of the mods reads this, could you move my thread to the OS forum? It belongs in there.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux