Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting source code of viruses

Banned

Getting source code of viruses

I'm planning to put up source code of computer viruses on my website..but I'm not sure how I do that....can any of you give me some ideas?Shall I email the Anti Virus companies requesting for the source code?
    thanks!!
    Ali.

I kinda doubt that a anti virus company is gonna give you the source code to a virus. lol

What you probably need to do though to get the source code would be to have a compiler of some language (c++ c# VB etc), then open the .exe file with that compiler.

I'm not a programmer but thats probably what you would have to do. I'm not sure what most viruses are written in so you'll have to ask someone else here. Do be careful that you don't execute the virus accidentally though on your computer. lol
    =

Banned
    LOL!!
    Yeah I doubt that myself..anyway..I don't think that opening the virus in a compiler would really show the code.Dont the compilers convert the code written in the language to binary format or something so that the comp can understand it?I just tried this thing..I made a program in QBASIC(its the only language I can program in rite now),it was a simple program just prints "HI",anyway,I created an exe file for that program..and then when I opened the file in QBASIC where I created the program..it showed only gibberish lol..the code I wrote was nowhere.Some programmer please help?

If you have a spare computer, you can download viruses and try hex editing them (might require some assembly knowledge though), then write your own version of the virus with qbasic and show what you have on your site.

Banned
    No I don't have a spare computer but I guess its OK I can do that on my own computer.Anyway..I don't have assembly knowledge..can you give me some links where I could learn that?
    thanks!

Heres a link that might help you with assembly
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/sea...?Typ=2&ID=1441
    =

Why dont you do a search on Google ?? I have been able to find some of the source code that way ....

How about joining a virus mailing list ?
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Wait a minute.. what's the purpose of wanting to post the source code ?
    So that some kiddie can come along and utilize it ? seems kind of useless to me.
    If you were to keep a part of it out of the public eye.. then ok..
    but there already are places that this info is to be had.. so I still don't see the point.

Banned
    well..I've done a survey and I found out that every one is the most interested in visiting websites that offer source code of viruses.If some kiddie utilizes it then it wouldn't be my fault I think....I mean..if you see a rope and use it to choke yourself to death..how will it be the rope's fault?
    anyway...that link was great cheyenne1212...now only a little problem is remaining and that is..how I get the .exe file for the virus..lol...?

just do a search for "VX code" on google if thats what you want. but i think your wrong on both counts. all gigabyte did was post source code for viruses and now shes busted. what your planning on doing is like seeing angry people are around and puting a gun on the table. it IS your fault if they use it.

i dont know if you know this of not but in order to download most VX code you have to turn off you av program and thats not a real wise thing to do when your going to a site where the owners obviously have a twisted sense of or no ethics
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”