Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I NEED viruses man!!

Allright. Apology time.

Last night I was finishing up a final paper and freaked the hell out when norton, (yes norton) started telling me I had viruses. I didn't investigate, I just left the site and got really pissed off. I checked out his other threads, to see what type of person this was, and I find some weird posts, like the text editor one I linked, invincible virus tutorials he posted twice, and his second request for virus source code. That didn't make me feel any better.

So, to those of you I pissed off- sorry

The negs didn't stop his posts in the past. So fine, we can just let him keep posting. I wont say anything.

What are you thinkin

Ali first of all they are right viruses are very dangerous and unless you know about them witch i dought you do since you didnt know there not in .exe format dont mess with the viruses
    How can we open the eyes of the dead when we ourselves are hollow.

Banned
    Guys...Fatphantom is right.I'm not going to put up the executables on my website.I did a survey and almost every one is interested in having the source code of the viruses on a website so they can better understand it..so,I'll use an assembler or something to hex edit the executable..and then write my own version of the virus in QBASIC...but I wouldn't make that code available to everyone who visits my website..I'll put up a membership fee of something like $50/month(I haven't decided yet),and only the paid members will have access to the code....others won't...

In the other post I made..I was asking for code of viruses..but here I'm asking for executables of viruses...thats why I made another post for it.

As for my "cute little website",I was using cjb.net and I had no idea what scripts they had put there,nor I had any control on that.Why couldn't you see the page that says that I have closed that website?And by the way..I'm going to redesign the whole website and get my own domain and a proper host so such complaints can be seen anymore.

And I wouldn't install the viruses.exe's on my webserver..I would just put up the code of the viruses in an HTML file....

And I really think its not fair that you start giving me negative points before you even know what I'm really doing all this for....:'(

Ali, i believe you're still full of ****.

/cry me a river.

[rant]
    Honestly, you claim to be an expert in virii, then you got no clue that they do not come in .exe format, and that the only language you supposebly know is Qbasic. Basically, I strongly believe that you have no clue. I'm not trying to flame you or anything...but first of all, you're trying to make money out of something you have NO CLUE about. You'd think someone who wrote 3 tutorials on viruses would know a little bit more about them other than what you just Copied and Pasted. As for your website, I believe that you didnt know about the script they had put in there because you dont know **** about anything regarding websites. If you had any CLUE about anything you'd know that posting the source code of a virus up, really soon you'd discover 100 other viruses altered from that one source...hence giving us, the sys admins a bigger headache.
    [/rant]

Look, you've survived here long enough with bullshit. Come up with something new and original and you'll do fine. You are using only one PC...which makes you even more foolish for screwing around with viruses.

sigh...i'm tired of this. Time to go to class.

PS. can you please post the link of the "survey" that you did?

So, he is asking all of us to provide the material for a website he is going to build and charge people to visit. I hope anyone sending him material is getting a finders fee. Otherwise, he is playing all of us and I'm starting to think Soda and Cybr1d are on the right track.

He is full of it and he is only using this material to act leet.

Hmmm...

It seems a lot of flames from people who themselves dont really know that much and a lot of valid points.

Having the virus in all forms source and exe can be very beneficial in viri research. I too have made request for 'black code' and it usually gets me flames, which is too bad because my goal is usualy to develop defensive rules or mechanisms to protect the network .Anyways....I would have to agree that you seem to lack some of the knowledge required not only to understand the virus but to be able to deal with handling the material of a virus in a sensitive nature.

I would reccomend you actually try to get a better understanding of viruses before you start palying with them. And also consider the possible legal ramifications of posting virus source code up on your site.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Originally posted here by S3cur|ty4ng31
    Having the virus in all forms source and exe can be very beneficial in viri research. I too have made request for 'black code' and it usually gets me flames
    I would not say it is a lack of understanding, I think it is more the lack of trust. How can we be 100% sure you are not looking for one to send someone you don't like? I know people with complete collections of virii they use for testing or understanding, but the don't look or ask for them. When they hear a friend has obtained a virii they usually ask for a copy of the e-mail they received it from and they will collect them.

which is too bad because my goal is usualy to develop defensive rules or mechanisms to protect the network
    That is great, we need more people out there doing things for good and not to show off or attack someone else.

I would have to agree that you seem to lack some of the knowledge required not only to understand the virus but to be able to deal with handling the material of a virus in a sensitive nature.

I would reccomend you actually try to get a better understanding of viruses before you start palying with them. And also consider the possible legal ramifications of posting virus source code up on your site.
    This is where most of my problems with this post came from.

1. he said he was going to post source, we don't need a readily available virus source and we hear about these site owners getting busted and on top of that. These activities violate to TOS on all free web service providers.

2. Then he changed it to he is using the information we provide on a pay to view website. That is just wrong to ask people to help when they are going to use it for profit.

Banned
    I was nice, but **** this. I along with Cybrid and Soda P on this now.

-Cheers-

PS: Having a complete lack of knowledge will always get your hurt, or worse. Maybe you should read about stuff first. Perhaps learn ASM for i386/i586/i686 (same basic architecture and calls?). All the intelligent, intense, and good virus writers write in ASM. So you would see a bunch of **** and not understand one bit of it.