Thread: QZap2

Question QZap2

HI,

Does anybody know of a virus called "QZap2"? My AV I.D. it today. I searched Google and came up with nothing.

Freddy
    cybnut

Thank you for the help. I geuss I need to tell my freind his disc is an illegal copy of 98se. I hope he didn't download that disc to to his computer.

Freddy
    cybnut

No no no, read all of the links I gave you. It is a false message that is intended to look real, in regards to the first link.

All in all, it is still a virus no matter which version he has.

Your “AV I.D. it today”, but you are going to tell your friend HIS disk is an illegal copy ?

Never mind ... it must just be me.

Like Pooh said, read the entire link, it is a boot sector virus that displays that message
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

OK Freddy, I assume that you ran your "recovery disks/CD"on his machine? that would give you what you got.

If you actually got that message from opening his CD on your machine...........then it (the CD) is infected, and the message is a co-incidence.

Just scan and clean, and I recommend doing that in safe mode, and you should be OK. Obviously you will not be able to clean a read only CD, if that is the situation.

Now, you can be selling licenced software, and create an OEM CD that could be infected..........does not mean anything illegal is happening? just an infected CD.

Hell, who is going to pirate Win98? I must have at least a dozen copies of it.......and all the silly little booklets, even more Win NT4's (still in original shrink wrap ).................they are like out of date magazines, only Microsoft won't give a rebate?

I have collected coins for may years, and actually have a counterfeit English coin, it is worth about 200 times a genuine one (early 1800's....in case you are thinking of calling the cops) I would have thought your chances of getting counterfeit Win98 were pretty small against a genuine copy........just like my coin?

I have found Microsoft very supportive of historical ventures, and old software (as standard), which is not surprising, as it is marketing for the company?, also there are those who take a pride?

Cheers

No I got it. It was on his cd. I was looking for a copy just in case I needed it for my lap top. It is on the cd and not on my hd. I ran the AV anyway just to be safe and it was clean. I bought this laptop last year used and it did not come with a 98 disc. I was just hoping to have one for back-up in case of some kind of lose. But, thanks for all the help. I called the guy and told him in what file it was in.

Freddy
    cybnut

Ah,

Sounds like a restore CD that he gave you................that would have picked up any viruses on his machine........also not that useful a CD as it goes, compared to an installation one.

Cheers

YA, but I would like to get an install for backup. Well, maybe I need to invest in a large stack of floppies to back-up the whole system. I have a software on this laptop that I use most every day. It's also on the desk-top. To bad it will not work in Linux. I just download a new ISO very time I need one or want to change OSs, but with windows you got to pay the BIG $.

Freddy
    cybnut