Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need some help finding a antiviruse

Pooh,

That is interesting.........

they will still be active in safe mode, because the primary dlls are infected.
    Which primary .dlls? and what operating systems are you including?

Cheers

Basic windows component Dlls and exes (such as rundll and explorer). This applies to 98 up. There are instances where primary dlls and exes are not infected... but it is even worth the risk? I say scan with the online viruses, this way all viruses and trojans are removed on the spot with it's deep search engine built into that online AV. Then, do the spyware and adaware checks. And then, install a AV straight onto the harddrive.

Well shoot I just spent some bucks on the new McAfee version 2004 and the darn thing keeps freezing my windows box even after I shutoff all other startup programs. So I deleted it and will take my loses and move on!

Since you're both probably right about those av's, I'll download the free eTrust and visit housecall av dot com once a week as well. Thanks guys for the info. (tossing McAfee in the trash can!)

cheers

Hey Relyt,

The trash can is over here

Seriously, I have being using McAfee since the updates were snailmailed to me from Holland on 720Mb floppies.......I have not had a problem with it so far.....OK the odd update glitch, but you sort of expect those?..........

It is not the only AV I use, but I have found it quite well behaved in the past.

I would like to know what the problem is, as I am sure several other members would.......If you want to "sell it on" please let me know, as my cousin is over from the States, and I am sure that we could work something out?

To start with, what is your system....hardware, software, OS?

cheers

On many websites people call the resource usage a heavy backpack. i agree since i have used McAfee office 2000 and it slowed my comp down to a crawl.