Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP3 getting antipiracy makeover

Isn 't it funny???? I mean every time that things get out of control they try to do sth....is anybody so naive to believe that what microsoft,apple,sony,etc try to do is to protect artist's rights? More money,more money,more money,cash flows...whatever is for free should always be persecuted....and besides i agree with info tech geek...I hope that this will be cracked the sooner possible and don't flame me for that...i am bored of watching big f**king enterprises making money by exploiting us and pretend they care about rights....and u know sth? I wanna feel free to do whatever i want with the cd's i bought...lend them rip them mp3 them and give them....

hmmmm... it doest acctully explain anything about these "locks" my bet is its just another bit of fun for legeions of crackers out there. Instead of doing all this why dont bands sign with small labels that dont take such a big cut so the albums are cheaper in the first place?

Why are they not honest with the problem? The real reason they are losing money is the bootleggers. Anyone who rips some MP3s or a full CD and resells it with the case and label on the block for a five or ten fold.

You know, there are some of us that want to use the CD in different ways and they are just making it harder for us, but it will never stop. There will always be a way to rip/record/share music.

Originally posted here by silver-bullets
    I haven't read everybodies reply so don't bash ^_^

The newer better copy protection methods never last long. By my esimates most of these are broken within 2-3 days of public release.
    tons of stuff is available in cracked form long before public release , client side protection is a joke (shift key and felt markers anyone) . The only chance it has is if M$ pushes drm on the masses and they accept it.(stranger and dumber things have happened)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots