long boring post - skip to next bold bit for main question Ok have just switched jobs - look in addicts for full explination
but after arriving at new place have discovered major flaw with network/dialler/database

ok here's how it breaks down :::

we have a flexibile number of workstations (looking at 65 when floor full) each workstation connects to their campaign thro the dialler - all their stats are then recorded so we know who is doing what and when.

This is not a problem to do in real time thro the dialer but apparantly for last 3yrs (length of time dialler has been in place) they have been scratching their heads as to how to review archived stats

eg give a comparison between agents stats for one week against another etc After looking at the system I have figured out that yes the stats are recorded, and have been recorded since start of project

but heres the tricky part - although I have worked out the refrencing I have no way of viewing the database files as they seem to be specific to a certain piece of software....produced by the dialer makers Sytelco.

So here's how it breaks down

Stats recorded by Sytelcos software - Softdial Plugin 7
Software needed to view stats is Softdial Reporter

the reason the company does not have softdial Reporter is it was only in development stages when they purchased dialler.

Now they have just bought Crystal Reporter 9 thinking it could work with anything but it doesn't seem so - but after researching it I have found out that it is expandable to read other database types but needs additional .dll's

the big question......

has anyone got Crystal Reports to work with softdial plugin 7?

I have emailed both companies but thought would ask here as well

thanks

v_Ln