Originally posted here by thehorse13
These shots you are seeing fired are nothing compared to what is coming down the line. Most of these viruses (according to my underground sources) are nothing more than fact finding viruses. Some are being respun by kiddies but there is a much higher purpose to this than just pissing off admins and security folks.

These viruses are all part of the plan to see how fast a virus/worm/trojan can spread across the internet. The idea is to get the time down below 15 minutes because this is the timeframe that virus coders have determined as the fastest amount of time that an enterprise can respond to an attack.

And for the grand finale, get ready for the polymorphic virus. Yes, this is a theory at the moment but some of my industry insiders have told me that two major AV companies have already begun development (and have beta code already) to combat this not too distant threat.

To sum it up, if you think you're in pain now, just wait about 6 months to a year.

Remember where you heard this first.

The digital pearl harbor?!

Well, just make sure that you have the quicklink to turn off the internet bookmarked.

First one to turn it off will be a hero!

http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/ (be sure to disable popup blockers)