Thread: im server exchange 2003

im server exchange 2003

hi everyone.

my first post here, been a lurker for many many moons.

i need some assistance. does anyone know of instant messaging server software that will run on exchange 2003? we need something for our network and msn wants many thousands for licensing fees. preferably free or low cost?

If you are looking for the IM server software and not the client, then doesnt exchange have the IM server built into the program? (At least it did in Exchange 2000)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    If you are looking for the IM server software and not the client, then doesnt exchange have the IM server built into the program? (At least it did in Exchange 2000)
    i believe it did in 2000, but my boss said it had a trial for only so long in exchange 2003. and the full version apparently costs $3k or so for licensing.

Originally posted here by halfbakedmole
    i believe it did in 2000, but my boss said it had a trial for only so long in exchange 2003. and the full version apparently costs $3k or so for licensing.
    Ahhhh... Good old MS. Get someone hooked on something, then charge them up the butt for the newer version!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    Ahhhh... Good old MS. Get someone hooked on something, then charge them up the butt for the newer version!
    thanks for the help tho