Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remote access trojan?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    To check what ports are open/listening use open a command window and type netstat -na. It should list listening ports and anything that's listening to it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    To check what ports are open/listening use open a command window and type netstat -na. It should list listening ports and anything that's listening to it.

I am really new I guess, or maybe just never hasd to deal withthis. How do I open a command window.?...Thanx for help & Patience with the noob!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Start --> Run --> command.com
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i prefer not using the 'n' but rather just -a. names can reveal more faster thad just ips. if a trojan did get installed one of the first apps to get replaced with a bogus one is netstat so its not a perfect indicator and is better at letting you know something is not a trojan.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”