Thread: Disable Email Privacy

Unhappy Disable Email Privacy

I have currently installed a program from http://www.softstack.com/emlpriv.html it is called email privacy it runs a local SMTP server.I installed it accidentaly because i thought it was something else

I have unistalled it but it wont let me send email,so i reinstalled it and it slill wont let me send email, and my antivirus thinks its spam that i am sending

re: inability to send mail

Can you be more specific about the facts after uninstalling the software? Meaning, how are you attempting to send mail (what software - outlook express, outlook, etc.) and through what means (an ISP account, etc.).

I would speculate without knowing any more information that the software you installed likely altered the smtp/pop3 settings of your email client to use the local server rather than the remote (ISP, corporate, whatever...). So, check you email client and reconfigure if necessary.

Again, the above speculation may be way off, but I'd like to read more about your issue before attempting a more concrete reply and about the software you installed (thanks for the link)...

Cheers,
    <0
    Ego is the great Logic killer

Its ok I already took care of it